Menu

Need Positive Quotes for Homemade Bookmarks

jpklehm

I just had an idea... I'm going to make and laminate some bookmarks for my boys to keep in their books this year, to keep their places. I'd really like each one to have a positive message on it, either a positive word in large print or a positive, upbeat quote.

Now that I have the idea, I really need some suggestions. What are some of your favorite quotes for kids? Favorite words?

Anything you can suggest would be appreciated! Thanks!

Pam

Mahatma Gandhi -

- Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.

Mahatma Gandhi -

- Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.

Outstanding...I love this quote! It is perfect for my 13 yo ds. Thank you for sharing. :)

Please, more suggestions!

Pam

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

-Henry Ward Beecher

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. ~Aristotle

"To accomplish great things we must dream as well as act." ~Anatole France

"Change happens in immeasurable gestures"

"You have to go through the storm to get to the rainbow"

“God has entrusted me with myself.”

"Your life is an occasion. Rise to it." - Mr. Magorium

"That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do, not that the nature of the thing has changed, but our power to do so is increased."

— Heber J. Grant

Okay, this one is too long for a single bookmark, but maybe you'll like part of it and pull that part out:

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway. If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway. What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; Be happy anyway. The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you've got anyway. You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; It was never between you and them anyway." - Mother Teresa

Edited by Jen+4dc
added more

I have one to share, as well.

It is:

Don't fear failure so much

that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life

contains three descriptions:

could have, might have, and should have.

Louis E. Boone

American, 1941 -

I use this with my Study Skills students. It will also have its own bookmark.

Thanks for sharing everyone. I hope there are more to come! :)

Pam

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

-Henry Ward Beecher

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. ~Aristotle

"To accomplish great things we must dream as well as act." ~Anatole France

Thanks, Jen. I especially love the first 3, but they're all great and will find their way onto bookmarks! :)

Pam

I love quotes! So I'll chime in with a few that may help.

Blessings,

Lucinda

"By perseverance the snail reached the ark." ~ Charles Spurgeon

"To start on that long-planned voyage to the moon!

Never to write a line that does not ring

With truth, which has its well-spring in the heart,

To be content to say, 'My garden's small,

My fruits and flowers are few, but they are mine.'"

~ Cyrano De Bergerac

"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart." ~ Proverbs 15:30

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful." ~ Proverbs 15:13

"Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face."

~ Victor Hugo

"True happiness consists not in the multitude of friends, but in the worth and choice." ~ Johnson

And one of my very favorites:

"We've all got to go to school, I expect, and we don't all get the same lesson to learn, but the one we do get is our'n, 'taint nobody else's, and if it's real hard, why it it shows the teacher thinks we're capable."

~ Rose Terry Cooke

I love this idea. What size are you going to make your bookmarks?

I'm going to keep it simple and make three from one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of colored paper, so something like 2 2/3 ish x 11. That way I can make the quotes (most of them, anyway) a bit bigger and the actual bookmarks colorful (using colored paper, not white). They won't get misplaced as easily this way, either. I also intend to take the bookmarks to Kinkos and get them laminated.

My thought is to have a little pile of surprise goodies for my two boys sitting on their desks on the first day of school, and this idea popped into my head. I also plan to have them do more drawing and labeling from their books this year, so I purchased the colored pencils on sale at Buy.com another poster mentioned on another thread. Little things like that...

Thanks for your help!

Pam

I'm going to keep it simple and make three from one sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of colored paper, so something like 2 2/3 ish x 11. That way I can make the quotes (most of them, anyway) a bit bigger and the actual bookmarks colorful (using colored paper, not white). They won't get misplaced as easily this way, either. I also intend to take the bookmarks to Kinkos and get them laminated.

My thought is to have a little pile of surprise goodies for my two boys sitting on their desks on the first day of school, and this idea popped into my head. I also plan to have them do more drawing and labeling from their books this year, so I purchased the colored pencils on sale at Buy.com another poster mentioned on another thread. Little things like that...

Thanks for your help!

Pam

We just made bookmarks as a first day of school project today, so this is timely! I think you have some great quotes. When I was thinking about quotes for my boy's schedules, I thought about a skill or area I wanted to see improvement in, for him it was persistence. So I found quotes that I likes that fit that overall theme I have this year for him.

Also, did you know Microsoft has a bookmark template? My dh, knower of all such things, just clued me in last night as I was muddling through trying to find some I could print. If you use your preferred search engine and do an internet search for bookmark template, Microsoft Office should pop up at the top of your search. Just go there and find one you like, then download it and it will open in the appropriate program. It was insanely easy and I made some cute Fancy Nancy bookmarks for my twirlies and some bike stunt bookmarks for the boy, all with customized quotes! :)

Have fun!

Here are the 5 I have made for my DD. She is a competitive gymnast, hence the gymnastics themed ones. Oh and she keeps making the exact same errors over and over on the bars so the Albert Einstein quote is perfect for it.

Are you kidding me?! These are fantastic! Mine were going to be way more simple that yours...how did you make them?

Pam

We just made bookmarks as a first day of school project today, so this is timely! I think you have some great quotes. When I was thinking about quotes for my boy's schedules, I thought about a skill or area I wanted to see improvement in, for him it was persistence. So I found quotes that I likes that fit that overall theme I have this year for him.

Also, did you know Microsoft has a bookmark template? My dh, knower of all such things, just clued me in last night as I was muddling through trying to find some I could print. If you use your preferred search engine and do an internet search for bookmark template, Microsoft Office should pop up at the top of your search. Just go there and find one you like, then download it and it will open in the appropriate program. It was insanely easy and I made some cute Fancy Nancy bookmarks for my twirlies and some bike stunt bookmarks for the boy, all with customized quotes! :)

Have fun!

Thank you, Apple. I love the idea of choosing a theme for the year, absolutely love it! I will definitely be thinking about some ideas for my two boys. Also, I didn't know about Microsoft, so I'm off in a bit to look for it. I truly hope it's as easy as you say it is...I'm not techy at all! :001_unsure:

Pam

• 4 weeks later...