• No
    • Other

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bigreys5

I have a bachelors degree in child and Family Studies. Mainly the degree is about families and children and their developement. I took a lot of classes on child development, families in crisis, resource management, etc.

If I go back for my masters, I would go for community counseling, or social work.

Yes, both hubby and I have degrees. He couldn't work without his (Civil Engineering - he owns his own firm now) and neither could I (Physics, but I substitute teach math/science in our local high school to work part time).

Even if we never used ours, we wouldn't regret getting them.

The NCES 2007 study looked at the highest parental educational attainment among homeschooled children. For 14% the highest a parent had was a high school diploma or less, for 36% it was some college or technical school but no bachelor's, for 29% it was a bachelor's, and for 21% it was a graduate degree.

I have a B.A. and DH has two master's degrees. I may go back to school when my kids are older but first I have to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. :lol:

Yes,

Triple major in piano performance/instrumental education and philosophy.

Minor in French - which I promptly forgot as I was unable to find someone to practice on after graduation. Filled my electives with two semesters college chem and physics, one semester biology, one semester environmental science, and one semester astronomy. Between the philosophy major and all the science, combined with the music...you can imagine why I am a geek and married a nerd! LOL

Faith

Yes! It's one of the things I'm most proud of.

I got my Bachelor of Arts from the University of Washington, major in Law, Society and Justice (Criminology), minor in Sociology.

I went back to school when my DD was 1.5 years old. I was a new single mom with no support from her dad. I graduated when she was about 6 yrs old. I had to take prerequisites, etc.

It was...beyond difficult to do it that way. But, I wouldn't take it back for anything, I loved college, learning, etc. I miss it!

Also..I use mine regularly. I worked as a probation officer and then in legal research. I'm a freelance writer now and do some consultant research stuff. I couldn't do any of it without my degree.

Edited by YLVD

I'm embarrassed to say I have 7.5 years of undergrad under my belt. A complete change in plans made me start over. Plus, I felt I needed to get some general education under my belt because I was a high school drop out. However, I got out of it without any debt by living like a monk and working nearly throughout (and living on my brother's couch the last 2 years). A brighter person could have done it faster, but while I have aimed high in life, I am not a whiz and worked bloody hard to just do okay.

Going to college now for the degree I didn't get in the more usual time-frame. I voted other.

I think there's a lot to be said for the accomplishment even if it isn't "necessary" in the economic sense.

:iagree:

Other.....Technically, I don't have a degree but I have more credits than I need to have one, minus a chemistry class.

I was in school as an art major, and couldn't stand my chem prof. so I dropped out of his class. I thought I was returning to school, so I figured I would take it the next term and chance that they had hired a new prof.....I didn't go back to that school.

When I went back to college a few years later, I went back as a business major and didn't need the chem, so I never finished it.

I have about 3 years of college, but no degree.

I have a JD. DH was in my law school small section and we were in the same study group so it was very useful for getting my Mrs.

I did practice for nearly three years but it was too hard on the kids for both parents to be lawyers so I am home for now.

Christine

I have a BA in Communications. The thing I am most thankful for was an Honors Institute I was able to participate in. It was basically the classical model on a college level that covered all the liberal arts courses, with a focus on reading, writing, and thinking well. I thought it was fairly worthless until I started teaching my own children.

B.S. in Mathematics from University of Illinois. Okay, so I don't use my degree for anything now, other than the socratic discussions and the logical thinking I learned from all those upper level math proofs, my college experience was invaluable. I grew as a person, learned how to stand on my own two feet and expanded my horizons beyond what my homogeneous suburban upbringing could offer. Also, my degree led to my job as a computer analyst, which led to me meeting the friend who introduced me to my husband.

Well, I have well over 300 college credits. I would say that I am an academic versus a college graduate. I do have a two-year degree. I picked one up while updating my programming skills - object oriented programming.

I have been to university, college, and technical schools throughout my knowledge pursuits. I have covered everything from organic chemsity to accounting to education and child development. :) I added a bit of business law with a touch of the medical on the side. I truly did not plan to end up with such a hodge podge collection, and it only makes me appear as a know-it-all, but I had to take some of these classes just to "know". I love books too.

So, I guess I do come off as quite a geek.:lol::lol::lol:

Edited by ChrissySC