Menu

Biology in 7th

Soooooo, what curriculums are out there to do Biology or Physical Science in 7th grade? ETA: After some research, it seems that Apologia, although a high school text, would be a thorough and challenging option. Ds would prefer a secular text, though. We are looking for something that would provide a great foundation for a more advanced track in high school. Thanks in advance. Danielle

Edited by USDGAL

My son has been working through BJU's physical science lab book (not the text) over the summer in an outside class with one other boy. I think it is well done.

I used Hoagland's Way Life Works with my older son when he was in eighth grade. I have started putting together a study for my younger son that also uses that book. Another lady has a great study put together using it, too.

My info is here:

http://greenapplesblush.blogspot.com/2011/07/ninth-grade-biology-notes.html

And here is her info.:

http://quarksandquirks.wordpress.com/biology-hs-level/

We've decided to use ClassiQuest Biology, with some dissection and other projects thrown in for my eldest (PM me if you'd like me to pass on the specific recommendations I was given). The author of the program was kind enough to suggest some things to "beef up" the curriculum for my soon-to-be 8th grader. I ordered the book from Amazon a couple of weeks ago and have enjoyed and been impressed by my passes through it. It's always a good sign if I want to participate in the program, too. :)

We've decided to use ClassiQuest Biology, with some dissection and other projects thrown in for my eldest (PM me if you'd like me to pass on the specific recommendations I was given). The author of the program was kind enough to suggest some things to "beef up" the curriculum for my soon-to-be 8th grader. I ordered the book from Amazon a couple of weeks ago and have enjoyed and been impressed by my passes through it. It's always a good sign if I want to participate in the program, too. :)

Thanks Fiddler, this looks very interesting! :001_smile: