Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

specialmama

SOMEONE STOLE A COOKIE! Forum Game

Second clue: I wonder if her kids do their handwriting on the wall?

Someone (Me! ) is trying. Some key words I know don't work, "bear", "bat", "cave", "den", "down", "ground", "under", ...

Someone (Me! ) is trying. Some key words I know don't work, "bear", "bat", "cave", "den", "down", "ground", "under", ...

You're thinking of of animals. Try thinking of Biblical allusions instead.

You're thinking of of animals. Try thinking of Biblical allusions instead.

But what if you are atheist and NOT having a clue what you are talking about. I suppose I can make a pout face, and then if I'm really interested go googling.

Please take pity on the curious and uneducated and tell me how those clues lead to Danielle.

Daniel is an important Biblical character who was thrown into a lion's den. In another incident in his life he saw and interpreted some handwriting on the wall. These two stories about him are part of Western literacy as well as Christian literacy because we have allusions to things like "I feel like I'm thrown into a lion's den" or "that's when I saw the handwriting on the wall" (ie. a warning) in our culture.

Danielle is, of course, just the female form of Daniel.

Gosh, I figured someone would have gotten it by now...

Sorry! I had too much to do yesterday!

Here's another:

She's not a step child!

I think she might be Irish... but that's an assumption on my part.

Clue: My bel - whoops looks like I'm have only one of these - much like someone's name. Now how does that song go? Hhhhhmmm my belle

If you need another clue - there is a number, but it isn't spelled out. I would start at the beginning.

I've been too busy to play. Hopefully once I get this $^&*^%& chemistry planned, I can work on your clues;)

charles wallace stole the cookies brb

I must be missing something. I searched & searched for the answer to "an aquaintence of Mrs. Whatsit". Amazing how much time can be completely lost while on the computer... :tongue_smilie: Is there a special way to search? I only know to go to "community", "members list", and then search by name or clue word in there. :confused:

If you don't know it right off hand, you can go to google and put in Mrs Whasit or add acquaintance and you'll find that she is a character in Wrinkle in Time and who is her acquaintance in the book. Then you go to community. I tried mrs. who and Mrs. what and Winkle and Time and finally found the name of the acquaintance. Sometimes I might know the reference and sometimes I don't.

I like to put out clues that have more than one way to find the answer. Sometimes you don't need to search outside of the forum, but sometimes it helps to find key words. Hope this helps.

Clue: She comes from a state that recently had an earthquake - quite unexpectedly. I'm not sure if her name is a nickname for something longer, maybe ending in -tina or -opherina. Well someone should know, since she has so many posts.

Clue: She comes from a state that recently had an earthquake - quite unexpectedly. I'm not sure if her name is a nickname for something longer, maybe ending in -tina or -opherina. Well someone should know, since she has so many posts.

Chris in VA stole the cookies. BRB

Clue: She is a professor of Beekeeping. If you said two letters it would be her name, but that is not how it is written. One of them is "L".

Clue: Its funny that she stole cookies, because I think she probably prefers candy.... that is if her last name is Pop. Then again I think her siblings are Molly, Ollie and her dog is a Collie.