Menu

Top 10 Least Affordable Colleges as per CNN

creekland

This is an interesting list. Fortunately, there aren't any schools on it that mine have wanted to consider. This is supposedly figured AFTER financial aid has been given. Since so many of us are interested in the financial factor, I thought it might be of interest here.

----------------------------------

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2011/pf/college/1106/gallery.10_least_affordable_colleges/index.html

Here are the 10 most expensive schools, ranked by net price for the 2008-2009 academic year -- the most recent data available. We included only colleges in the 50 U.S. states with undergraduate enrollments of 5,000 or more.

1. New School

2. Santa Clara

3. Saint Joseph's

4. NYU

5. Northeastern

6. Fordham

7. Drexel

8. Hartford

9. Saint Louis

10. Denver

That's such an odd list. It must be very biased toward schools with very poor financial aid, cause I can think of tons of schools that are much more expensive. My undergrad's cost of attendance is ~50,000$. Wash U is even more (55,000$). I know grad schools aren't included here, but med schools can get up into the 70s...

That's such an odd list. It must be very biased toward schools with very poor financial aid, cause I can think of tons of schools that are much more expensive. My undergrad's cost of attendance is ~50,000$. Wash U is even more (55,000$). I know grad schools aren't included here, but med schools can get up into the 70s...

It's actually supposed to be a list showing schools with the worst financial aid overall - not meaning a specific individual can't get decent aid at these places. It's not sticker price, but what actual students are paying out of pocket or via loans on average AFTER any merit or need based aid is factored in.

It's only undergrad.

they used to send them every year to my boys (trying to build up their fencing team I guess) since they were 11. And the letters always said (I'm paraprasing here) - Yes, we are a very expensive school, but it is worth it.

So, that one doesn't surprise me.