Menu

? about AAS supplies

momto2Cs

You for sure need the letter tiles. The magnets are really nice to have. The card dividers you can make yourself if you have to. The phonogram CD is pretty important if you have never learned this type of phonics before. So, yes, the Basic Interactive Kit is pretty essential if you want to use the program like it is designed.

You don't need the phonogram CD. The phonogram cards have example words for each sound on the back. If you aren't sure, or you have an accent where some words are pronounced very differently, you can go online to hear the phonograms for free. I've had to do that once, and we're halfway through level 3.

I started with the letter tiles and magnets, the spelling review box and dividers (not absolutely necessary, but nice to have), and the student/teacher combo package. I also got 2 levels to start with and was glad I did.

I got mine used (levels 1 through 4 for 100.00). I only have the letter tiles and standard set per level. I have one full set of cards through level 4. I laminated the dividers that came with the student packs. I think I heard they don't include dividers with the new version of student pack?

I'm hoping to get away with one set of cards for 2 students working at their own pace. Time will tell if it will work but I plan to do "Brian" "Ruby" and "Both" dividers in my review section so that I know who needs review for each card type :) It really gets expensive when you need to blow through several levels in one year.

The AAS Chatterbox has a forum post about organization which shows 1.00 Sterilite containers at Walmart which work well for storage.