Menu

Veritas Press Phonics Museum K Workbook question

mhg

I have already purchased (and expensive) phonics curriculum I'm pleased with, but when I saw the 2 or 3 sample pages of the Phonics Museum K Workbook, I thought it looked like it'd be a great supplemental workbook (since we're using the D'Nealian handwriting/Modern Manuscript). The sample pages were mainly of the handwriting, so I was wondering if this would be a good supplemental workbook (to get in some good handwriting practice) and for some phonics (less important to me than the handwriting practice it'd provide). It was only $18 so I was considering it. Is it MOSTLY phonics or is there a fair amount of handwriting practice in it?

Thanks.

Yes, there is a good bit of handwriting, but there is also a good bit of phonics and you get reading comprehension questions/activities based on the primers that go along with the program. So there is definitely much more there than you would use.

Yes, there is a good bit of handwriting, but there is also a good bit of phonics and you get reading comprehension questions/activities based on the primers that go along with the program. So there is definitely much more there than you would use.

I have purchased Saxon Phonics K and Saxon Phonics 1 (like $170, so I don't want to spend much more money on phonics curriculum). I'm pleased with the phonics instruction of Saxon and it has lots of good activities thus I know it'll teach phonics, but it doesn't cover handwriting much at all. Also, I like the meatier primers of VP.

If I purchase the $42 kit from Veritas which includes the K Workbook and the primers, would I be able to employ the BULK of the workbook?

Besides the handwriting and the questions related to the primers, is the remainder dependent on the Phonics Museum or could the remainder work with my Saxon?