Menu

Best places to eat in Boston

You MUST eat in the North End. Of course, the name of my favorite restaurant has completely escaped my brain... will come back when I remember. :glare:

Do you drink beer? Boston Beerworks has the best blueberry beer. I don't even like beer, but I will drink their blueberry beer!

Durgin Park might be fun: www.arkrestaurants.com/durgin_park.html

No Name on the waterfront is famous (seafood, super casual) : www.nonamerestaurant.com/

There are some great Korean places in Somerville/Cambridge. I like Koreana: www.koreanaboston.com/ Although there are many others, and just as good, really. I love down -home Korean food.

Zaftigs in Brookline is one of my fav delis: www.zaftigs.com/

Todd English has Figs on Beacon Hill if you're looking for something like that. It's actually a very casual place: www.toddenglish.com/menu.php?restaurant_id=10&type=Dinner

I also suggest at least lunch on the sidewalk somewhere on Newbury St., just for the fun of people-watching. www.newbury-st.com/Boston/25/Restaurants

Edited by LibraryLover

Our favorite in the North End is called Piccolo Vinezia. Mainly because it's a little more family friendly and laid back than some. Honestly though you really can't go wrong down there. Be sure to stop in at Mike's Pastries when you're done eating. Legal Seafoods is fantastic. It's also fun to eat at Fanueil Hall since everyone can get what they want and there are tons of fun options. Enjoy!

Our favorite in the North End is called Piccolo Vinezia. Mainly because it's a little more family friendly and laid back than some. Honestly though you really can't go wrong down there. Be sure to stop in at Mike's Pastries when you're done eating. Legal Seafoods is fantastic. It's also fun to eat at Fanueil Hall since everyone can get what they want and there are tons of fun options. Enjoy!

I so enjoy eating in the North End, but I swear they raise prices for tourists. lol Follow the local-looking families who seem to know what they are doing...eat where they eat. I have seen Piccolo, but never gone in. I might get off the main drag of Hanover (although it's so much fun!) Maybe Salem St. I love the NE, I love the activity. I love that it seems to be thriving. I've never waited in a Mike's line. Nevah. The kids have. lol

Edited by LibraryLover

Still no remberance of the restaurant's name, but I wholeheartedly agree to follow the locals. The one we like is not a touristy one. It's a tiny hole-in-the-wall place.

There always seems to be some festival going on in the North End during the summer, and the streets are fun to walk. I miss Boston so much! We used to live 40 minutes outside of it just over the MA border... such an amazing city!

Legal Seafood (any of 'em - there's even one at the airport that's good).

No Name Seafood right on the wharf....

Any Italian restaurants in the north end, but Mike's for pastry (near Old North Church)....

Summer Shack (near Fenway)....

I've heard they have terrific restaurants in the Chinatown area, too, but I didn't have enough time to eat there!

Anywhere for pastries in the North End -- get the cannoli!

Filippo's, also in the North End, has delicious Italian food, especially the gnocchi.

If you like Indian food, Bukhara, Jamaican Plain, I think, was fantastic. (It's been a decade though.)

Yum, have a great time! (We lived in Boston for the first two years we were married, and I still have such fond memories of it.)

What? No mention of Grendel's Den? LOL. That's our favorite dive bar/restaurant. The food's not outstanding, but it's a fun place to go for cheap dinner and alcohol. It's by Harvard.

Kaze Shabu Shabu is an interesting restaurant in Chinatown. You choose a flavored hot broth, noodles, veggies and/or meat platters and then cook it yourself at your table. The presentation of the food is very pretty, and it's an unusual eating experience. It's cheaper for lunch but get there before lunchtime is over, or you'll be charged the dinner price. It's in a safe area and is clean.

Toscanini's near MIT is supposed to be the best in the world (!!) for ice cream. They also offer breakfast.

Lobster rolls! Here are some Gourmet magazine recommends. We're going to be in Boston a few days this summer, and I am thinking of trying one at Alive and Kicking Lobsters. I think it's near Harvard.

Toscanini's near MIT is supposed to be the best in the world (!!) for ice cream. They also offer breakfast.

Mmmmmm... Toscannini's. Gelato, though, not ice cream. :)

Right near Toscannini's in Central Square is a much-loved Chinese place, Mary Chung's, where the geeks go to eat Dun Dun noodles, the specialty.

The Elephant Walk is wonderful! It's in Cambridge, right?

Boston on Beacon St near the Brookline border. The original was in Union Square, Somerville, but it got flooded out. I used to go there. :)

Oh, just checked their website - they also have locations in Cambridge and Waltham (I've been to their Waltham location too, now that I think about it).

Regina Pizza in the North End.http://www.pizzeriaregina.com/.

I dream of their pizza. :001_smile:

Mike's chocolate chip cannoli. Heaven.

Mr. Bartley's Burgers at Harvard. Be prepared to wait in line.

Local Seafood chowder.

Quincy Market Green Monster ice cream.

I miss Boston!

Mike's Pastry (on Hanover St.) is a tourist mecca. Be aware, only the tourists wait in a single file line. There are signs that tell you not to do this. Once in the doors, move up to the left. And be advised they only take cash.

The Lobster Tails are heavenly but also the Red Velvet Whoopie Pies. If you like cannoli they have every conceivable choice. Also have great Boston Cream Pie.

We have not been to Maria's but have heard they are great too.

I second Pizzaria Regina. Plan to stand in line outside. They come out and get numbers in your party but it's small and waits are usually 30-60 mins. If you can, go around 2pm-4pm. It's amazing pizza!!

There are many choices, I like another's post about walking around and looking at menus. Fancy, family style, etc. Depends on what you are looking for and what your price range is. Also check and make reservations if you can.

Paul Revere's house is right around there also!!

We have lived here near Boston a year and absolutely love going to downtown and to the North End!