Menu

Mixers- do you use yours daily?

What do you do with it?

I have had one for years but I lost a part for it and they no longer make it (company went defunct) but I found the part used online and it is being shipped to me! YEAH!

Anyway, just a few questions:

1. Do you use it often? Often enough to find a place on the counter for it?

2. What all do you use it for? I need suggestions.

Thank you!,

Dawn

We've lived here nearly a year, and our kitchenaid hasn't come out of storage.

But if we were baking bread or something regularly, it would definitely have a home on the counter.

Things that have counter space (we have a lot of counter space, so it isn't cluttered): The crock-pots (one doesn't really deserve counter space but it doesn't hurt to store it there, the other we use regularly), blender, and toaster/convection oven are on a stainless steel table in the entryway (that's not as weird as it sounds, with the way our house is set up). We use the food processor pretty close to daily, but store it on the shelf under the counter because it would take up too much space on the particular counter area. The food dehydrator and the Target-brand Magic Bullet knockoff are stored on shelves and used less frequently. The coffeemaker is on a little table with the mugs and coffee/tea bags outside the kitchen, so that people can do their drink stuff without interfering with cooking.

Edited by ocelotmom

I use mine almost daily. I usually don't bake on Saturdays and I usually take a day off at some point during the week. Before I became gluten-free, I used it 2-3 days a week. Now I have to do all of my baking from scratch.

I use my mixer primarily for baking (breads, pizzas, muffins, cookies, cakes), but also for mixing casserole ingredients or making sauces or for mixing dry granola.

I have a little countertop next to the fridge which houses the appliances I use daily. My Blendtec blender is next to it. I used to have my grain grinder and my deli slicer and toaster there as well, but I recently moved everything not in daily use to the top shelf in my pantry.

What do you do with it?

I have had one for years but I lost a part for it and they no longer make it (company went defunct) but I found the part used online and it is being shipped to me! YEAH!

Thank you!,

Dawn

Dawn, I just have to say that after 3 years I finally read the infamous teA thread yesterday. Now I see this thread and it makes me giggle. :D

Ok, should I even ask?

Dawn

This was brought up yesterday in the bunny thread. I saw it the first time around but didn't read it. Yesterday I did. :lol: Be prepared though. The entire thing takes at least an hour and you may lose many a drink onto your computer so take beverages at your own risk. :tongue_smilie:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55527&highlight=tea

My stand mixer is in the pantry, about 15 feet from the counter I use it on. I bring it out once a week or less. I have a powerful hand mixer too. I use that a bit more often because it is easier to clean and store.

At one time I stored it on the counter, but I went through a phase of not using it so it found a new home, tucked away snug in my pantry. :) The only appliances on my counter are a coffee pot and toaster. All other appliances crock pot, rice/pressure cooker, blender all live in cupboards even though we use them almost daily.

Not daily, probably weekly. I use my bread maker when I go through bread making spells, and mostly use the mixer to make cakes, cookies, casseroles, sauces, etc.

It shouldn't be on my counter, but it's huge and heavy and I don't have any other place for it.

What do you do with it?

Thank you!,

Dawn

I can't say I use mine daily but several times a wk. I make cookies, large batches of cookie dough, bread,cakes, muffins.

I have to admit mine doesn't sit on the counter. When we put in a new kitchen 6 yrs ago I planned a cabinet with one of those in the cabinet lifty uppy things in it.:lol: I don't know what I would do without a good mixer.

I don't use mixes, pre made anything. I cook/bake from scratch.

Use it occassionally. Baking needs mostly, but some casserole type recipes. I love using it... but don't cook much that demands it.... except during the holidays.

It is a pain to pull out of the cabinet... but I have "wonderful 4' tall helpers" who can reach into those places so easily!;)

I have a small one that is good for quick jobs. But it can't handle a big mixing bowl of mix.... sounds like it is about to grind to a halt.... so it is for quick jobs like brownies.

I have a Bosch. I bought a black metal shelving unit at Lowe's and keep it there just inside my dining room. I also have all my bread making items on that shelf as well, including my Nutrimill. I use it in spurts. Right now I am in major de-clutter mode and I promise myself not to get into bread making until I finish all this work. Cannot stand having a cluttery home so that is my first priority. Worked one entire day in the garage putting up shelving all around and cleaning. My dh took two loads to the dump!!

When I am using it regularly, I would say I use it two to three times per week.