Menu

Let's talk beer :-)

Dragon stout. Alas, it's hard to find.

I usually end up drinking some sort of mid to dark Sam Adams or Guinness.

If I'm drinking something cheap and light, it's gotta be Rolling Rock or Labatt's, held at around 34 degrees (F). That's really rare, though.

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

Dragon stout. Alas, it's hard to find.

I usually end up drinking some sort of mid to dark Sam Adams or Guinness.

If I'm drinking something cheap and light, it's gotta be Rolling Rock or Labatt's, held at around 34 degrees (F). That's really rare, though.

it's Dragon's milk and it's awesome, but very high gravity which means high alcohol so be careful. Any stout by New Holland Brewing company are great. Look for a craft brew store and start checking them out.

So so so GOOD!!!

I went to college near the brewery - America's oldest brewery.

Naturally, we had to do the tour. It would have been un-American to not bone up on our history and er, support the fine Yuengling establishment. :tongue_smilie:

Now that I'm on the West coast I can't get any Yuengling....I'm so sad and blue. It doesn't cross the Mississippi.

So, everyone on the East side of the US - drink one for me!!!

Cheers,

Michele

Guinness, cold, right out of the tap with a thick head. Preferably with Dh sitting next to me and a steak in front of me.

Young's Oatmeal Stout is another winter favorite.

Yuengling is another favorite.

As I've gotten older I prefer meatier beers.

So so so GOOD!!!

I went to college near the brewery - America's oldest brewery.

Naturally, we had to do the tour. It would have been un-American to not bone up on our history and er, support the fine Yuengling establishment. :tongue_smilie:

Now that I'm on the West coast I can't get any Yuengling....I'm so sad and blue. It doesn't cross the Mississippi.

So, everyone on the East side of the US - drink one for me!!!

Cheers,

Michele

When I was young my Step Dad used to regularly make a trip out west to buy Coors. :001_smile: Just for Coors. Him and his brothers. :lol:

If you're ever traveling in Northern Michigan, stop in the lovely hamlet of Bellaire (near Torch Lake) and try Short's Brewing's Chocolate Wheat. It's delicious and I suspect you'd like it since you liked the stout. Unfortunately, they don't bottle it. You can only get it at the brewpub.

I encourage any hopheads out there to try Short's Huma-Lupa-Licious. This one is award winning and they do bottle it. Find it. Drink it. Love it. :D

I haven't read the responses, so someone has probably mentioned that Stella Artois is crisp and yummy.

When we travel down south, I only drink Yuengling!

My dh really likes Shiner beer. We went on a tour at the brewery there a few years ago, and lucked out by seeing Robert Earl Keen there!

That is awesome :)

Pronounced "Smithicks". Made by the makers of Guiness. It's my favorite 'fancy' beer. lol

:tongue_smilie:

I've had this - it is very good !

Also I can't let this thread go by without mentioning Boulder Beer:

http://www.boulderbeer.com/

I've had the Cold Hop and the Mojo. The Cold Hop is very hoppy. The Mojo IPA is a woooonderful IPA. Some of these are limited-time release beers that only come out once a year. If you see some, grab it !

Edited by laundrycrisis

I also really like some of the hard ciders out there.

I have never really cared for beer, but I LOVE a good hard cider.

There is a tiny restaurant near me that has an amazing selection of ciders. If only the selection remained the same and I could remember which one I liked best...