Menu

The Duggars

Serious question... do you think you could do it if you could adopt instead of giving birth to them yourself? Would you want to?

A completely honest answer... No I wouldn't. Three is my max. I am too old and too tired for any more. I thought for a bit that I might do more but I just can't hack it. In addition, I don't want to give up my career. Juggling three kids with a career is a lot of work and any more kids would mean something has to give (speaking for myself of course, not anyone else). I am sure that notion will ruffle feathers, but it is true for me.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read all the posts on this thread (41 pages!) but here are my thoughts. I have mixed feelings about the Duggars as well. As far as activites, I think they probably don't have much choice. However, honestly, neither do mine.:) I mean, my boys do play baseball, but they don't get to do any or all activities that interest them. Baseball is pretty much it at this point. Time and money limit it. As do my patience and energy. I know there are families where the kids do a lot more, but in most families the kids don't have choices on everything.