Menu

Morning/Evening Person (Poll)

Which best describes you?  

1. 1. Which best describes you?

• Morning Person
    • Night Owl
    • Neither. Give me the afternoon? (Might need to clarify)
    • Other. - Have I ever said how much I loathe this option, but there it is.

I love staying up late after everyone else has gone to bed. I love the quiet, the serenity. If I need to get a task finished, I'd rather stay up late to finish it, rather than get up earlier. I feel that the night is available as long as I need it to be to finish. There's only so much time in the morning before everyone else gets up (with their needs, distractions, etc.)

It really depends on the day but I am mostly a morning person although I do love to sleep past 7 am. I usually set my alarm for 7 am, eat breakfast, go back to bed for another 30 minutes, wake back up to say goodbye to my dad before he leaves for work, make coffee for my mom, and go power walking/jogging with my dog until 9 am. Come home clean up, do my chores and start school then finish around 2:30 or 3:00 pm. By then I am done! I am so tired, then my energy picks back up and I don't fall asleep until 11 pm.

In winter I wake up around 8 or so, much later and it is much needed!:)

I'm a night owl, just like 3 of my 4 kids.

My ds who is a morning person annoys the bejeebers out of his siblings, but he's trained me to get up earlier. And it's nice to see someone with a big ol' grin on his face first thing in the morning when all the rest of us are more likely to bite someone. :D

I am definitely a night owl. However, I have been getting up before 6:30am every weekday now that some of my kids are in private school. Problem is, even though I manage to get up, I still haven't been able to train myself to go to sleep earlier at night. Even if I thought I could, I have a house full of teenagers whose heart-to-heart talk time window typically opens at 10:30pm This schedule is killing me!

Seriously, I am starting to have some hair loss and weight gain, which I attribute directly to sleep deprivation. If I don't get a better rhythm worked out soon, I'm going to have to default to my desperate last alternative: shutting off the electricity at 9pm!