Menu

Do we report an AP score of 3?

mooooom

DS took CompGov. I just called and he got a 3. Do we put this on his transcript or not? It is the only AP class he will be taking. He is not applying to highly selective schools, but good ones. I looked them up and only some give credit for a 3.

Also, if we were to report it, would you pay to have the scores sent to all the schools he is applying to or just where he decides to go.

Thanks

I'm a little confused. Mine put the three schools he is interested in and they were sent for free. (And he was only 10th) Now if you didn't do that, and you don't think it will make a big difference in admittance, then don't send them. IF it counts toward credit somewhere and he is admitted, then go ahead and pay to have them sent. But I always have my boy send his scores when he takes them and when they are free.

Christine

An AP score should not affect admittance to schools, just whether or not he gets college credit for the class. I would wait and report it to the school he is attending if it will give him credit, but still report it on the transcript.

Not everyone takes the AP tests and lots of people don't pass with a 3. It shows that he is working. I think it would be good to have on the transcript, but only pay to send the official score to the school he is attending.

Mine put the three schools he is interested in and they were sent for free.

Christine

? My guy said there was only room for one school for a free report. Maybe he missed something? In any effect, he put his safety school down just in case he didn't do as well as he wanted.

For highly selective schools I wouldn't send a 3. For "good" schools who might give credit, I would, especially if it's his only test. Those schools will see lots of 3s and many kids who don't report 1s or 2s or who never took the test even if they took the class.

If my guy gets a 3, we'll be doing a bit of thinking as to which school fits in which category. I'm hopeful he gets a 4 or 5 so it's a non-issue. ;)

? My guy said there was only room for one school for a free report. Maybe he missed something? In any effect, he put his safety school down just in case he didn't do as well as he wanted.

For highly selective schools I wouldn't send a 3. For "good" schools who might give credit, I would, especially if it's his only test. Those schools will see lots of 3s and many kids who don't report 1s or 2s or who never took the test even if they took the class.

If my guy gets a 3, we'll be doing a bit of thinking as to which school fits in which category. I'm hopeful he gets a 4 or 5 so it's a non-issue. ;)

OOPs..just asked him. You are right. One school for AP. He put down Baylor. We sent his SATII score to three schools. Sorry..

Christine