Menu

Casey Anthony Trial -- a Verdict has been reached...

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it stands, I'm glad the verdict is what it is. I do not feel the state provided sufficient evidence for putting somebody to death for murder. I think it would have been a travesty of justice if she had been convicted of capital murder, given what the state provided as evidence.

I am curious if you watched the trial and still have this opinion...

Unfortunately, I agree and think that someone's fame plays a bigger part in it all. Same thing with OJ, while yes he's ugly and such, he was also very famous and very rich at the time of his infamous trial.

I'd really like to know what the jury's reasoning was for finding her not guilty. Was it a technicality (prosecution didn't provide enough evidence) or did they truly believe her?

I never though of OJ as ugly! Well, until he slaughtered the mother of his children and her friend on her front lawn. His mug disgusts me now.

Why would you do that? It just doesn't make sense to me. And why would you not get charged with neglect? Are they going to charge her with neglect now?

Doesn't make sense to me either. But I COULD see how she might justify it in her sick mind, to dispose of the body and go on with life. :glare:

Well, Lindsey Lohan could play her in the movie, she's free when she should be locked up too.

My husband just called me . The only thing she was convicted of is lying to the police. I am ashamed and I apologize for the judicial system that I am a part of. I have never been ashamed to be a lawyer until today. That poor sweet child . And when this woman becomes pregnant again and neglects, abuses , or otherwise harms another of her offspring, may those jurors hang their heads in shame for what they have done today. Baez confused them effectively as to what the meaning of reasonable doubt actually refers to . It doesn't mean beyond all doubt. If she were fat, ugly or dark-skinned , she would be on death row . Trust me ,this is one area where I do unequivocally know of what I speak. Her parents should enjoy reaping what they have sown. Shame on them. I am disgusted. I am angry. But most of all, I cannot imagine what that child went through.

:iagree: and it would not have gotten all the media attention that this case has had. Remember the court scene in "A Time to Kill"? Gasp.

Here is getting into a conspiracy theory for you...

Perhaps something hinky was going on. The of the movies The Juror and Runaway Jury.

Stranger things have happened...

The whole thing is strange, 6 week trial and 10 hour deliberation. Seems a bit unbalanced. Would love to have been a fly on the wall in the juror room.

So what is she looking at for providing false information?

Time served would be my guess.

Remember when OJ was acquitted, the outrage of the Goldman and Brown families?

Here, there is no grieving family. They are all celebrating the acquittal, I imagine.

It's an odd case all the way around, but as a juror you can't really vote guilty (even if you think she is) unless the evidence is strong enough to warrant that. If you're going to err, it has to be on the side of acquittal. And it was a largely circumstantial case, no matter how guilty Casey Anthony acted, and no matter how indifferent she was to her daughter's death.

:iagree:

Hopefully no one will wish to reproduce with her again. I still think she'll wind up in jail again - She'll steal or defraud the wrong person next time. Now she thinks she can get away with anything.

Very good point. It will be a matter of time . I suspect a divorce is in the offing because I saw her father's face when that verdict was read. The parents are on opposite sides.

I am curious if you watched the trial and still have this opinion...

They did not have to decide on capital murder, they had other options. They were not being asked to decide on the death penalty. Even if they decided against first degree murder, to not find her guilty of the lesser charges? Unthinkable:confused:

lisa

Elizabeth, keep your chin up! We need lawyers with a spine and moral fortitude in our system!

I blame the juries these days. They don't seem to understand enough about the law (basic stuff, the things all citizens should know) in order to divine the difference between all doubt, reasonable doubt, and to understand how circumstantial evidence adds up to making sense or not making sense. I really see a failing in our jury system because of how little the average system understands about our constitution, the laws of the land, etc...just possibly they've all been watching too much "Law and Order" as well and of course, real life is a different ball of wax, so to speak. My mom has served on a federal jury before and after the case was over, she said she was shocked at just how easily emotionally lead many of the jurors were.

It's a crappy day for you, Elizabeth. I just wanted to say that you need to keep on keeping on!!!

Faith

You just elucidated beautifully what the prosecution needed to make clear. How about this: you should be an attorney because you just made crystal clear what a hundred years' worth of combined experience failed to make clear. :thumbup: You rock.

Time served would be my guess.

Remember when OJ was acquitted, the outrage of the Goldman and Brown families?

Here, there is no grieving family. They are all celebrating the acquittal, I imagine.

It's an odd case all the way around, but as a juror you can't really vote guilty (even if you think she is) unless the evidence is strong enough to warrant that. If you're going to err, it has to be on the side of acquittal. And it was a largely circumstantial case, no matter how guilty Casey Anthony acted, and no matter how indifferent she was to her daughter's death.

They were obligated to consider lesser charges. Neglect comes to mind. If she's guilty of lying to the police then neglect is easily proven. No responsible parent would neglect to report their child as missing for 30 days. I also think that the evidence of her stealing money from her parents and room mate should have been allowed. It shows a pattern of behavior.

I think - as was pointed out up thread - that your average juror thinks that 'proof beyond a reasonable doubt' means proof beyond the shadow of a doubt.

I'm sure someone will give her a nice fat book and movie deal. I'm sure that some guys will actually want a 'relationship' based on her notoriety and looks.

I'm sure I'll never watch a thing that she'll profit from.

The jury is refusing on air interviews. Hardly surprising. They should have taken more time to deliberate at the very least.

OJ was fat, ugly and dark skinned and he got away with murder. I think that jurors sometimes just get it wrong and this is one of them. As for the "real" killer remember that Casey said she drowned in the pool accidentally and they only made it look like a murder. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I would take exception . He was a well-respected athlete and in the eyes of many a handsome man . He got away with murder, again because of a very carefully picked jury. Sadly ,he did get away with murder and it was a terrible miscarriage of justice in every way. I see this all the time in our little county of Iowa. If you are an overweight, greasy-haired , acne-scarred defendant you might as well kiss your fanny goodbye. Likewise, if you are slender, somewhat attractive and well-groomed, you could probably kill your own mama and get away with it around here. Sadly, in this world, outside appearances are everything. I don't think it's right, I do not know how to fix it, I just know it's true.

I have watched almost the whole trial, I DVRed it every day. I cannot believe they didn't convict her of ANYTHING! Doesn't this set a precedent? So now we can "lose" our children for 31 day and we are not at fault? Later we could just claim it was an accident we covered up and everything will be fine? Child abusers who accidentally kill their child or parents of a true accident don't need to bother to report it anymore? WTH!?

Oh, and call me mean, but, I'd like to see Cindy Anthony brought up on perjury charges.

Have I mentioned that I adore you? If I haven't, let me say so now. And I'm going to give a big loud AMEN to that. She committed perjury and should serve time for it.

I have watched almost the whole trial, I DVRed it every day. I cannot believe they didn't convict her of ANYTHING! Doesn't this set a precedent? So now we can "lose" our children for 31 day and we are not at fault? Later we could just claim it was an accident we covered up and everything will be fine? Child abusers who accidentally kill their child or parents of a true accident don't need to bother to report it anymore? WTH!?

Apparently, according to some, yes. We could kill our kids, leave them in the backyard until they decompose and we can't be found guilty unless someone saw us do it. :confused:

I think some people need to look up the meaning of circumstantial evidence. Forensic evidence is circumstantial. Nearly *all* evidence is circumstantial. Yes, people are regularly and rightfully convicted on circumstantial cases.

Apparently, according to some, yes. We could kill our kids, leave them in the backyard until they decompose and we can't be found guilty unless someone saw us do it. :confused:

I think some people need to look up the meaning of circumstantial evidence. Forensic evidence is circumstantial. Nearly *all* evidence is circumstantial. Yes, people are regularly and rightfully convicted on circumstantial cases.

And I've heard that circumstantial evidence is more reliable than eye witness accounts.

I can't help but wonder how this family will react to each other. How do you even SPEAK to your spouse after disagreeing on something as this flipping important over the dinner table?

Is one of them moving out? Wow. And what about the son? He's been dragged through heck too - and who knows if any of it is true?!?!?

The whole family is nuts.

Okay, deep breaths.

I feel physically sick.

I am angry beyond words.

I feel hatred toward Casey. I can't look at her smiling face. It enrages me.

This is what I realize. The media circus involving this trial is very hard to resist. I was sucked in, and became too invested emotionally. I need to step back. It is not healthy for me to feel this way about people I don't know.

Our justice system is one of a kind. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Innocent people get convicted and guilty people walk free.

I think the prosecution did a fine job. They looked utterly astounded. I feel sorry for them.

As far as defense counsel, Chafey (or whatever his name is) embarassed himself with his tirade against the media and pundits. Conversely, I thought Baez (who I was NOT a fan of) was eloquant and showed humility during his statement.

It reminds me of the end of the Truman Show. The drama escalates as everyone in the country is in front of their tv sets; will he walk away or won't he. People are gathered in bars, wearing tshirts, completely sucked into the "reality" of The Truman Show. The suspense reaches a fevered pitch until the final scene where he walks away; then the show goes to snow. Everyone looks dumbfounded, not able to believe it's actually over, then simply shrug their shoulders and move onto the next show . . .

I'm kicking myself for betting sucked in. It would have been a lot easier to take otherwise.

Lisa

I can't help but wonder how this family will react to each other. How do you even SPEAK to your spouse after disagreeing on something as this flipping important over the dinner table?

Is one of them moving out? Wow. And what about the son? He's been dragged through heck too - and who knows if any of it is true?!?!?

The whole family is nuts.

Honestly, I don't see the entire family as nuts. I see them as normal. They have had a very abnormal person in their family for 25 years and they've developed a pattern of dealing with her that in hindsite looks wonky....but as evidenced today Casey is a very accomplished liar.

George said somewhere that in the last year before Caylee disappeared he had began to believe his daughter was lying about a lot of things.

They were interviewing people in the crowd and some woman said something to the effect of, "So, according to this jury unless you see it on a Facebook page or someone captured it on Iphone, it didn't happen"?

Lisa

Stupid question -

Is there a law that missing people of any age have to be reported to police?

Is there a law that deaths must be reported?

Just what a 100 years ago? Less? Many babies didn't get birth certificates or death certificates. When did death certs bc mandatory for everyone?

Stupid question -

Just what a 100 years ago? Less? Many babies didn't get birth certificates or death certificates. When did death certs bc mandatory for everyone?

According to Jose Baez Casey was never missing. Just dead. From, you know, drowning.

Never even an explanation as to what happened to the body.

Sickening.

Honestly, I don't see the entire family as nuts. I see them as normal. They have had a very abnormal person in their family for 25 years and they've developed a pattern of dealing with her that in hindsite looks wonky....but as evidenced today Casey is a very accomplished liar.

George said somewhere that in the last year before Caylee disappeared he had began to believe his daughter was lying about a lot of things.

And I find much of everyone's story in this case difficult to believe. At one point, the experienced police officer and the nurse claimed they didn't recognize the scent of decompising human. I'm telling you, I accidentally got a whiff of it for about 13 seconds almost 10 years ago when I walked into a morgue looking for DH and I could tell you in a NY second if I ever smell THAT again. :glare: I can almost tase it now just thinking about it and the gorge is there. Yuck.

To have her parents come to polar opposite conclusions about their family means there's a serious breakdown between the two parents of Casey. So there'e either guilt or fear or something driving at least one of those parents to come to a conclusion that isn't factual. In this instance, they BOTH cannot be right.

So there's dysfunction there. Maybe Casey is a sociopath who really did crop up for no reason and they've never dealt with it. Maybe there was something in her environment like molestation or severe mental illness in a parent that led to this. I don't know. They all need to be seriously profiled and analyzed for any chance of the truth to come out I think.

I just know that if I was the parent who LIED about something this important regarding my child, my DH would find some empathy for me but then he'd probably move to institutionalize me because there's some real disconnect between reality and what I really want to have happened.

I look at my kids and cannot imagine them doing something like this to their child. But I'd like to believe that if they did, that I would be able to face the situation. There's a dead PERSON here. You can't stick your fingers in your ears and pretend she never existed, unless you are mentally ill.

And I find much of everyone's story in this case difficult to believe. At one point, the experienced police officer and the nurse claimed they didn't recognize the scent of decompising human. I'm telling you, I accidentally got a whiff of it for about 13 seconds almost 10 years ago when I walked into a morgue looking for DH and I could tell you in a NY second if I ever smell THAT again. :glare: I can almost tase it now just thinking about it and the gorge is there. Yuck.

To have her parents come to polar opposite conclusions about their family means there's a serious breakdown between the two parents of Casey. So there'e either guilt or fear or something driving at least one of those parents to come to a conclusion that isn't factual. In this instance, they BOTH cannot be right.

So there's dysfunction there. Maybe Casey is a sociopath who really did crop up for no reason and they've never dealt with it. Maybe there was something in her environment like molestation or severe mental illness in a parent that led to this. I don't know. They all need to be seriously profiled and analyzed for any chance of the truth to come out I think.

I just know that if I was the parent who LIED about something this important regarding my child, my DH would find some empathy for me but then he'd probably move to institutionalize me because there's some real disconnect between reality and what I really want to have happened.

I look at my kids and cannot imagine them doing something like this to their child. But I'd like to believe that if they did, that I would be able to face the situation. There's a dead PERSON here. You can't stick your fingers in your ears and pretend she never existed, unless you are mentally ill.

Me too. However, I've heard MANY people say they would lie to save their child from the death penalty.

Stupid question -

I don't have an answer to your question. It makes me sick that Casey didn't report her child missing if that's what really happened. Listen to the 911 calls on YouTube. When Cindy calls and the 911 operator wants Casey to get on the line she says, "I don't have anything to talk to them about" :001_huh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd5PIeefc4g

I also think the prosecutor did a pretty good job with one part of his case and it kind of quietly got swept aside in "confusion." No one makes an accidental death look like murder. There are lots of people who try to make murder look like accidental death but you don't take a victim of an ACCIDENT and stick duct take over the mouth.

I can even sort of see panicking and dumping the body someplace. Maybe the family was worried Casey would look guilty because she really was a horrible mother. But why the dang duct tape????

I can see panic. I cannot imagine what you would feel in the moments leading up to dialing 911 if you found your child stone cold dead. Guilt? Panic? Overwhelming grief? All of the above plus 30 more emotions?

But the duct tape... The dang duct tape.

I just don't know if Casey is smart enough to have thought of muddying up the crime like that. But I wonder if it would occur to her cop father or her nurse mother? I don't know what type of medicine the mother practiced. Did she have experience with crimes involving bodies?

On the other hand, maybe a lifetime of growing up watching "Law and Order" gave Casey the idea. I know I think of weird things every time I watch "Criminal Minds." :glare:

I guess it's upsetting to see that "justice is not done," but honestly, murders go unsolved all the time. This is just a famous one, with a particularly bad parent at the center of it.

I don't think Casey Anthony is a danger to society, so it's not as though a serial rapist, murderer, or child sexual predator is on the loose. She probaby won't even kill any of her own children, since she's a celebrity.

I hope she has the opportunity to repent of whichever aspects of her life are most displeasing to God, whether that be bad parenting or murder.

Doesn't matter to me if she "does time" or not.

Me too. However, I've heard MANY people say they would lie to save their child from the death penalty.

I've heard that too. It's like an ethics exam question, isn't it? Could you allow the killer of your GRANDCHILD go free if your grandchild was killed by your own child?

But to get on a stand like that (It's HARD to testify. It's draining and frightening.) and be able to lie so effectively that you muddy up a jury, that is either moxie to the nth degree or mental illness.

I just don't know if Casey is smart enough to have thought of muddying up the crime like that. But I wonder if it would occur to her cop father or her nurse mother? I don't know what type of medicine the mother practiced. Did she have experience with crimes involving bodies?

George Anthony, the cop father, would KNOW that when a child DROWNS no one goes to jail. That is what is so ridiculous about the claim that he found the body and helped Casey cover up the crime! For what reason? So his daughter wouldn't face legal troubles? She has been in jail for 3 years and it was a very real possibility that she was going to death row today.

I guess it's upsetting to see that "justice is not done," but honestly, murders go unsolved all the time. This is just a famous one, with a particularly bad parent at the center of it.

I don't think Casey Anthony is a danger to society, so it's not as though a serial rapist, murderer, or child sexual predator is on the loose. She probaby won't even kill any of her own children, since she's a celebrity.

I hope she has the opportunity to repent of whichever aspects of her life are most displeasing to God, whether that be bad parenting or murder.

Doesn't matter to me if she "does time" or not.

Wouldn't repentence require confession?

Eyewitness testimony is one of the most unreliable forms of testimony.

The Jeffery McDonald cause was built on 'circumstantial' evidence and has held up over 41 years and I don't know how many appeals. Each family member had a different blood type and there was no evidence of any other person being in that house. I never could understand why the defense thought any reasonable human being would conclude that 'drugged out hippies' (ala Manson family types) would come into a small house and do all that and not leave a trace of hair, fiber, blood, etc.

And Cindy Anthony should be charged with perjury. I could not agree more.

George Anthony, the cop father, would KNOW that when a child DROWNS no one goes to jail. That is what is so ridiculous about the claim that he found the body and helped Casey cover up the crime! For what reason? So his daughter wouldn't face legal troubles? She has been in jail for 3 years and it was a very real possibility that she was going to death row today.

But again, he's a COP. Hasn't he seen the absolute worst of many other people and families? Do we REALLY believe that in the past 3 years, he wasn't able to get through to his wife? What did they do? Just not talk about it?? How the heck would you NOT talk about your dead grandchild?? How would you not (in three entire years!) be able to get your spouse to see what's really going in the family???

If DH stuck to an utter lie about our child's capacity for a crime of this magnitude for three years, I'd be divorcing him and/or looking at a mental hospital for him and/or singing like a canary to the police.

It's utter dysfunction. And since we didn't get the truth out at this trial, I'm still advocating for an island for the whole family.

And I'm sickened by the idea of the book and movie deal and whatever else that we come up with that some or all of the people involved in this crime are probably already being offered by Time Warner, HuffPost, Fox News, etc. etc. I'm guessing "agents" are crawling all over family and friends right now and there will be a docudrama about this family in time for sweeps week. :rant:

While I definitely think something is wrong with her, there is not really much that points directly to her. Anything that does is easily questionable because they were said by her mother and father who have both been known to change their stories.

Something is wrong with the whole family. They didn't know she was pregnant until she was 7 MONTHS?! Her mother is a nurse. She thought she was just getting fat and lazy. I mean, seriously.

After I heard that, I didn't listen to anything out of her mouth.

I'm all for justice, and I know Caylee didn't get any, but you can't just throw her mother in jail for being a bad mother and partying while she was missing. It could have just as easily been her father or her mother who killed Caylee. They both had access to the duct tape and the car. No one will ever know 100% what happened. I could definitely see her getting child neglect and surprised she didn't get it, but the case for murder was never really that strong.

Edited by BeatleMania

A not guilty verdict does not mean that the jury thinks she is innocent. You can think someone did it as a juror but if the state did not prove their case, you have to vote not guilty. The emotion would have been all in favor of conviction, not a not guilty verdict. She's a jerk, but that isn't enough to be convicted of murder, just like a man who is a serial adulterer and general jerk whose wife is murdered may not have been the one who did it even if he doesn't have an alibi. If he can't be directly connected with the crime, the jerk behavior isn't enough to convict.

I have followed the case somewhat, neither closely nor superficially. The strongest part of the state's case was the behavior of the mother after the child went missing, but from what I followed of the case, there were actually holes in rest of the prosecution's case. Their expert witnesses on stuff like the stains in the car, maggots, and the presence of chloroform were rebutted by defence experts. I can't blame a jury for not knowing which expert to believe and which not to. That left open the means of death. The confusion about the meter reader's finding the body also were a problem. I am really aggravated at the police dept. who didn't thoroughly investigate his initial reports back in August, when the finding might have offered more forensic evidence. He admitted to putting a stick in the skull and lifting it--to see if it was a skull. Apparently, one of the prosecution experts had based part of his conclusions on the position of the skull vis-a-vis the body. Somebody who has followed the case more closely than I have may want to correct me if I've misunderstood something.

The members of the jury were not offered, to my knowledge, the option to find her guilty of neglect, nor an option of something that would have involved covering up a murder. They had to find that she physically did something to the child and didn't feel they had the evidence for that. They did find that she is a liar.

I think Casey Anthony did it or knows who did; it could have been a hook-up of hers for all we know. I just don't think we can equate a jury's not guilty verdict with assuming that they thought she was innocent. I am willing to give the jury the benefit of the doubt on the "reasonable doubt" issue.

A not guilty verdict does not mean that the jury thinks she is innocent. You can think someone did it as a juror but if the state did not prove their case, you have to vote not guilty. The emotion would have been all in favor of conviction, not a not guilty verdict. She's a jerk, but that isn't enough to be convicted of murder, just like a man who is a serial adulterer and general jerk whose wife is murdered may not have been the one who did it even if he doesn't have an alibi. If he can't be directly connected with the crime, the jerk behavior isn't enough to convict.

I have followed the case somewhat, neither closely nor superficially. The strongest part of the state's case was the behavior of the mother after the child went missing, but from what I followed of the case, there were actually holes in rest of the prosecution's case. Their expert witnesses on stuff like the stains in the car, maggots, and the presence of chloroform were rebutted by defence experts. I can't blame a jury for not knowing which expert to believe and which not to. That left open the means of death. The confusion about the meter reader's finding the body also were a problem. I am really aggravated at the police dept. who didn't thoroughly investigate his initial reports back in August, when the finding might have offered more forensic evidence. He admitted to putting a stick in the skull and lifting it--to see if it was a skull. Apparently, one of the prosecution experts had based part of his conclusions on the position of the skull vis-a-vis the body. Somebody who has followed the case more closely than I have may want to correct me if I've misunderstood something.

The members of the jury were not offered, to my knowledge, the option to find her guilty of neglect, nor an option of something that would have involved covering up a murder. They had to find that she physically did something to the child and didn't feel they had the evidence for that. They did find that she is a liar.

I think Casey Anthony did it or knows who did; it could have been a hook-up of hers for all we know. I just don't think we can equate a jury's not guilty verdict with assuming that they thought she was innocent. I am willing to give the jury the benefit of the doubt on the "reasonable doubt" issue.

I could not agree more.

I think Jose Baez did a good job, especially this being his first murder case. He rebutted most everything, if not all, that the prosecutor laid out.

No one could figure out how she died. Yes, the duct tape definitely points to murder, but that doesn't mean Casey did it. Do I personally believe she did it? Absolutely. But looking at the evidence that the prosecutor presented, can I say 100% that she did? No, I cannot.

Edited by BeatleMania

I was reading a couple of things online, but can't find the links now because there is sooooo much popping up on the web one right after the other and things are getting buried. I read that she can't be told she can't profit from it because there is no Son of Sam thing??? If she's not convicted of a crime she can't be told she can't talk about it or sell her story.

I also read though that her parents (George and Cindy) have a copyright or trademark (I can't remember which) on Caylee's name, which means it can't be used in a book or movie without their permission. Is that even possible?

On the other hand, maybe a lifetime of growing up watching "Law and Order" gave Casey the idea. I know I think of weird things every time I watch "Criminal Minds." :glare:

Unfortunately the parents knew something was wrong with her and her story from the outset. I hope they are ready to live with what will consume them from the inside out for what they have conspired to do and accomplished. I see it every day here in the office. Parents raising sociopaths and wanting to "talk" about why Johnny is a little rat ***tard. THey do not like me much. I take pride in that. What some may or may not be aware of is that Casey accused her father of sexual abuse. I think given his face when the verdict was read that he will not be living in the house with the she wolves. I am just sickened and embarrassed that our judicial system has failed so badly. The burden is reasonable doubt not removal of all doubt. The jurors should have had some logic courses.

OJ was fat, ugly and dark skinned and he got away with murder. I think that jurors sometimes just get it wrong and this is one of them. As for the "real" killer remember that Casey said she drowned in the pool accidentally and they only made it look like a murder. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

OJ was a sports hero, an actor, considered handsome, wealthy, and a celebrity.

It was a case, among other things, that was a vehicle though which American values (shown in terms of time spent, money spent, energy, and focus) truly manifest.

:iagree:No one could figure out how she died. Yes, the duct tape definitely points to murder, but that doesn't mean Casey did it. Do I personally believe she did it? Absolutely. But looking at the evidence that the prosecutor presented, can I say 100% that she did? No, I cannot.

But the vast majority of cases are not convicted on 100% certainty. We'd only convict people of murder if they were videotaped then (and only if the videotape had been analyzed by every expert in the field and authenticated). You "simply" have to find that a preponderance of the evidence points to guilt.

I don't think there are very many cases in the past 200 years where a jury of disparate people can all honestly say that they believed in convicting someone of a crime 100%. Elizabeth, do you know of any cases like that?

What some may or may not be aware of is that Casey accused her father of sexual abuse.

CASEY did NOT accuse her father of sexual abuse. There was absolutely NO evidence presented regarding sexual abuse by her father. There was an accusation made by Baez in his opening statement, but opening statements are NOT evidence! Casey did not testify and no other witness gave testimony regarding sexual abuse. So it was only the statement by Baez that left the taint hanging out in the air.

Mary

Does anyone else ever read this board and find it exciting how many really smart people we have??? I love "talking" about stuff like this with people who really like getting to the meat of stuff too. :D

:iagree: I love just sitting back and learning from people here. Everything I feel about this case has already been said, and in a much more eloquent way than I could ever hope.

Unfortunately the parents knew something was wrong with her and her story from the outset. I hope they are ready to live with what will consume them from the inside out for what they have conspired to do and accomplished. I see it every day here in the office. Parents raising sociopaths and wanting to "talk" about why Johnny is a little rat ***tard. THey do not like me much. I take pride in that. What some may or may not be aware of is that Casey accused her father of sexual abuse. I think given his face when the verdict was read that he will not be living in the house with the she wolves. I am just sickened and embarrassed that our judicial system has failed so badly. The burden is reasonable doubt not removal of all doubt. The jurors should have had some logic courses.

George cannot possibly be going home tonight or Thurdsay at least. And Casey's mother had better spend the rest of her life with one eye open because if Casey really is a sociopath, then NO ONE is safe around her.