Menu

x/p Can you review my choices for next year and tell me what you think?

I get overwhelmed every time I look at it. I think it might be because I am adding in a very high maintenance and spirited K'er, who is going to want to really "do school". Would you mind to take a look and tell me what you think?

Together (grades 3&6):

Sonlight Core 4: History, Geography, Bible, Read-Alouds, Reading/Literature, Poetry

Rod and Staff Music (once per week, I think)

Artistic Pursuits (once per week)

Getting Started in Spanish (1-2 days per week)

Anna (6th):

Rod and Staff math: finish 6 and move into 7 (4 days per week)

LOF Decimals and Percents (Fridays only)

Rod and Staff Grammar 6 (not sure if this will be daily as we have always done grammar daily, but I might need to back this down to 3 days per week although this means we won't complete it in one year. :/ )

WWE 4, and then WWS when available

Logic: Orbiting with Logic (grades 5-7) & Connections Intermediate (grades 5-6)

Vocabulary: Wordly Wise 6 (one lesson per week)

Sequential Spelling 2

Bob Jones University Science 6

Emma (3rd):

Rod and Staff math 3

Rod and Staff grammar

WWE 1 into WWE 2

Logic: Primarily Logic (grades 2-4) & Logic Safari Book 1 (grades 2-3)

Rod and Staff spelling 3

Cursive workbook

Science: I am torn about this. I had picked out a completely separate curriculum for her, but I honestly don't know if that will work. I was thinking of having her do some library books/worksheets based on Anna's curriculum and tag-along on the experiments with Anna. Thoughts?

Cora (K):

MFW K: This pretty much covers everything. We are pretty laid back for K and 1st.

This looks like a lot, but I'm not sure if I need to take anything out, add anything, revamp, etc. Can you give me your thoughts?

Spelling for the 3rd grader? I would follow that idea for science for her, and do the 3 day switch for R&S if that makes it easier for your scheduling, but double up when there's two easy grammar lessons back to back. I did exactly that for about half of the school year with my oldest this past school year. He ended up finishing the book ahead of schedule. If you double up an average of once a week you'll finish the book in 36 weeks.

Why wouldn't we do spelling for the 3rd grader? We did for 2nd grade. She seems to have little trouble with spelling at this point.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We actually skip the writing lessons in R&S as well, so I do think that will work! Thanks!!

I misread. :tongue_smilie:I didn't see spelling for the 3rd grader the first time I read the list. That's the same book my rising third grader will be using. :001_smile:

Oh okay! I thought you were asking why I had spelling listed for a 3rd grader, lol.