Menu

S/O manicures-please give me the lowdown on Seche Vite!

Great stuff! It's a strengthener and a top coat. Put it on over just painted nails and it dries very fast. If you use two coats of polish, put it on between each coat.

Your nails dry quickly, your color is shiny and your nails grow long.

I love the stuff. Won't bother to paint my nails if I don't have it.

Oh, another bonus, you can buy cheap polish and spend the money on this instead.

The key is to put it on while the nail polish is wet. It makes it dry right away..well, a few seconds.

I use my hands. With this stuff, my nail polish has a fighting chance. To be fair, it is still possible to chip etc your polish when you use this stuff. it's just a lot harder. More often, I have some sort of peel off half a nail as a sheet. But, my nails are a lot stronger with it on and the colour last a lot longer.

I have never used any of their base coats, I would be interested to know if they work well.

They have it in huge bottles at Sally's. I think..maybe..they also have a matte version? I am not sure. The kind I have is quite shiny.

Sally's has it!!!!

I really, really, really want to try a shellac manicure. I'm a crafty person with 3 kids and when I finally get my nails in decent shape I seem to destroy them all within 12 hours. Yesterday I had my nails done and smudged them walking out the stinkin' door. ((sigh))