Menu

Prayer Request.....

LizzyBee,

I'm so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. It's great that your sister is a nurse and can help you with everything. Are you at the Cancer Center in Greeensboro? My Mom received excellent care there. If there's anything that I can do for you, please let me know.

Kim

LizzyBee,

I'm so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. It's great that your sister is a nurse and can help you with everything. Are you at the Cancer Center in Greeensboro? My Mom received excellent care there. If there's anything that I can do for you, please let me know.

Kim

I am going to the Wakefield office of the Rex Cancer Center in Raleigh. I feel like I'm in good hands there. My sister went over and met the nurse manager yesterday, and she was pleased with her knowledge and manner.

I am going to the Wakefield office of the Rex Cancer Center in Raleigh. I feel like I'm in good hands there. My sister went over and met the nurse manager yesterday, and she was pleased with her knowledge and manner.

It's good that your sister is pleased with them. Raleigh has a lot more services than the Greensboro area. It sounds like you are in good hands.

Take Care,

Kim

I am so relieved this wasn't worse. I'm also sorry I don't know how to phrase that better. How comforting to have a sister who can also be your nurse. I will continue to pray for your strength and health.

God bless

:grouphug:

Edited by Geo

Update:

My oncologist sent me to the ER last evening because I had a fever. They haven't found any infection, but I am still spiking fevers intermittently. It could be caused by the chemo or disease process, but they are being very thorough to make sure I don't have an infection somewhere. Meanwhile, they admitted me for a blood transfusion because my hemoglobin was very low. The good news is that my white blood cells dropped from 317,000 to 240,000 after only 4 doses (2 days) of chemo. I am hoping to be discharged tomorrow.

Update:

My oncologist sent me to the ER last evening because I had a fever. They haven't found any infection, but I am still spiking fevers intermittently. It could be caused by the chemo or disease process, but they are being very thorough to make sure I don't have an infection somewhere. Meanwhile, they admitted me for a blood transfusion because my hemoglobin was very low. The good news is that my white blood cells dropped from 317,000 to 240,000 after only 4 doses (2 days) of chemo. I am hoping to be discharged tomorrow.

:grouphug: and prayers. Thank you so much for keeping us updated.

Update:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: And three cheers for blood donors.

I did get out of the hospital yesterday. I haven't had another fever yet. YAY! I had an appt with my oncologist today. I was hoping we'd have the biopsy results so that my diagnosis would be confirmed, but the holiday weekend slowed things down. The pathologist has looked at the marrow and agrees that it looks like CML, but they still have to identify the genetic marker.

My bloodcounts are MUCH better. My wbc are down to 92k (still way too high, but much better than before), and my hemoglobin is 11.3 (still low, but moving in the right direction). My platelets were initially very high, but he's concerned that now they're low, so we have to make sure they don't get too much lower.

I am feeling pretty well today. I worked at home (for my paid job) 4 hours, in 2 hour chunks. I had to take 2 naps, though. Dh is relieved that I'm taking naps when I need to and he's not having to stay on me about resting. I'm still losing weight, but my appetite is better.

Thanks for all your prayers and support.

Edited by LizzyBee