Menu

Xpost... Help! i need a cat book!

:lol: ok stop laughing lol! my 10 year old HATES, DESPISES, DREADES to read! its a constant struggle. she is also special needs, possible dyslexia, drysgraphia, adhd, aspie...

she found a book at the library, Socks by Beverly Cleary and she has been reading it off and on forthe last few days without me even asking her!! its the only book in the series about cats, and honestly i never associated before, but she does have an "addiction" to kittys! any recommendations for some books around this reading level on kittys? thanks so much!

Not sure if she's quite ready for the Warrior series by Erin Hunter, but that provides 20-plus more cat books.

I'd second Pinky Pie.

Other favorites from my cat-obsessed Aspie son's bookshelf:

• Harry Kitten and Tucker Mouse (George Selden)
  • The Cricket in Times Square (George Selden)
  • Time Cat (Lloyd Alexander)

My son managed to transfer his cat obsession to books about mice. This opened him up to the "Poppy" series by Avi and Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIHM.

Happy cat reading!

Also look for cat non-fiction. My dd had several books on cat breeds, interpreting cat behavior, etc. she adored at that age that would work for that reading level. Your library should have some. They tended to have lots of pictures with just small paragraphs of text. I think this is the one she used:

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Encyclopedia-Cats-Breeds-Care/dp/184476897X/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1309476051&sr=1-3

Not sure if she's quite ready for the Warrior series by Erin Hunter, but that provides 20-plus more cat books.

I totally forgot about Warrior Cats.. My oldest daughter was completely obsessed with this series last year.