Menu

Babybond Nursing Cover

Has anyone ever used one of these: http://babybondnursing.com/? I'm looking for a gift idea and saw this mentioned somewhere. I bf'd all 3 of mine and from the looks of it, it seems like it would have been something that would have been useful. However, I've been duped by way too many baby items that I thought were must haves and really were just all gimmick. So I thought I'd come here and see if anyone has actually used this product and if it is as good as it sounds.

Thanks!

I'm very large busted and I never would have tried nursing from the top of my shirt as this cover requires. That would have stretched out the neckline and ruined many of my shirts. I think it would totally depend on the user.

If you have any sewing skills, this nursing cover can be made for about $10. http://sewingchick.blogspot.com/2007/12/nursing-coveraprontutorial.html This is what I used for my last 2 babies and I've made several as gifts and they have been well received and appreciated.

From the looks of it, you wouldn't get anymore coverage than you would from nursing around your clothes.

I had a nursing cover for my first for about three months. Then we lost it somewhere, I had to do without, and realized it was fine. My standard wear these days is a nursing tank from Target under another shirt so I can pull the top shirt up and still have coverage on my belly, but even when I have to pop out the top of a Sunday dress or something, it really isn't a big deal. I can just use my hand or something if I feel especially exposed.

I'm not sure that something that small would work very well. I just ordered this for my baby that's due in October: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00380HKTS/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000UUAYYW&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1JB56ZPP54NNWMMR8CH7

I nurse for a long time. And I would use a small blanket draped over my shoulder. Well, it was always falling down, or the baby would kick their feet and it would pull the blanket off, or baby would grab it and pull it off. I think something like this will come in handy!

I much prefer the Comfort Mom style. I used it for all my babies and love that I am covered but not suffocated, I can still see my baby, and it stays put over my shoulder.http://comfortmom.com/cart/

ETA: full disclosure - I know the mom who makes these, but it's still an honest review. I had 4-5 different types of nursing covers, and this one was my favorite. :) Someone tell me if I'm not allowed to post the link because I know her personally.

Personally? *I* wouldn't buy any kind of cover because I wouldn't want to imply to a new mom that you need to fuss with all of that. I just nursed around my clothes. If I felt I needed a cover in a certain outfit, then I had a small lovey-sized blanket (sort of the size of a bandana) that I used to cover just the bit I didn't want exposed.

It's one thing to decide to use an elaborate cover yourself, *to me* it's another thing to imply to another mom that she needs to use one. I feel like it's an intensely personal choice.

Personally? *I* wouldn't buy any kind of cover because I wouldn't want to imply to a new mom that you need to fuss with all of that. I just nursed around my clothes. If I felt I needed a cover in a certain outfit, then I had a small lovey-sized blanket (sort of the size of a bandana) that I used to cover just the bit I didn't want exposed.

It's one thing to decide to use an elaborate cover yourself, *to me* it's another thing to imply to another mom that she needs to use one. I feel like it's an intensely personal choice.

I agree. I would go for a baby carrier instead. Get a ring sling with an open tail and you'll have a built in cover if Mama wants to use it.

I agree with Mrs. Mungo and Melanie. I was thinking along those lines in my original response but was unsure how to articulate it in an inoffensive way. :)

I have nursed successfully in a ring sling and a Moby wrap, plus I was able to walk around and do things. Once I made chocolate chip cookies while nursing in the ring sling! :lol:

Thanks everyone for the feeback. The thing that caught my eye about this cover was that it didn't seem to be as obvious and intrusive as some of the others. But I guess by not being intrusive maybe that means it doesn't really provide any more coverage than nursing around clothes. When I nursed mine, I never used a cover and with my first, I had absolutely no inhibitions. But by the time I got to my 3rd, I started to feel a bit more uncomfortable with nursing in public and would have appreciated something to help hide the belly roll that had developed after giving birth to 3 babies. That is why I liked the "Coture" model, it could be used for nursing from the top or the bottom (which is what I did).

I'm not worried about offending this mom or making her feel like she needs to cover up while nursing..... it would be for my sister and this is baby number 5 for her:D. She has nursed them all but doesn't especially love the idea of nursing in public. I don't think she has ever used a traditional nursing cover (too big and obvious) and as mom's of busy babies know, blankets don't really work. Mostly I was just looking for a new gift idea since she has pretty much BTDT with everything else, but I'm thinking I'll probably pass on this one.

Thanks for the help!