Menu

Phonics Lesson by Elizabeth Questions

This summer I am having all five older children use Elizabeth's Phonics Lessons. Josh 13, Annette 11, Caleb 10, Brent 9 and Ethan 8yrs. I know it's easy for the older ones right now. Currently {we are on lesson 5} I'm having mostly Ethan, read the nonsense words and the words with one letter changed.

I know it's going to get tougher for all the kiddos in later lessons {I've read some of the nonsense words from Language Lessons page and some are pretty challenging}.

I really would like to keep them all together doing this, but do you think at some point I may have to separate the children?

Annette, my rising 6th grader has read at a 7th grade level for three years now but she hasn't improved.

Josh, reads at his level, although he reads tons of books.

Caleb and Brent, can use the practice. They used PR last year but their reading level didn't improve much :001_huh:.

Ethan, completed Saxon Phonics 1 and is along for the ride and in hopes of getting him at a high 2nd grade level. He will be in 3rd grade but doesn't read like he should, he's still reading the little readers from Saxon Phonics.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Basically I'm wondering how to go about to make sure they all benefit from the program.

Sorry this got long :leaving:

Edited by Homeschooling6

Bumping this for you. I have a 12 year old who will be going through these lessons soon. I taught him phonics (really!) but after having him evaluated, I'm told he has memorized a large number of words. :banghead:

Same here, we've used OG, yet my kiddos are not progressing as I would like :glare:.