Menu

Can Lively Latin be used for beginning Latin in high school?

My daughter had *some* Latin in the elementary years, but we never actually finished any of the programs we started.. She is an Aspie and all she wanted to do was read for so many years. It was hard to get her to do the basic subjects, much less Latin.. so we are Latin drop-outs. But I would really like for her to give it another shot in high school.. She is not going to be interested in a boring, chanting, kill-me-now program. Lively Latin looks so appealing and I plan to use it with my 5th grader this year.. Can my older daughter, who will be 14 and going into 9th, use it at all and get any sort of credit? Is there another program that is comparable, but more at a high school level? I suppose I could have her go through it and just not give her a credit for it.. At least she would have some Latin under her belt that she can take with her to college. Even if she doesn't get a high school credit for it.

Thoughts?

Maybe 1/2 credit? Somewhere I read that completing Big Book 2 is the equivilent of 1 highschool credit. So I would assume that Big Book 1 by itself would be 1/2 credit.

As far as another program, my oldest really enjoys Oxford Latin, but I found the grammar explainations were lacking so I insisted he use Lively Latin alongside of Oxford Latin. So his Latin program this next year will be Oxford Latin + Big Book 2. :)