Menu

BJU Earth/Space schedule?

oops, that one linked Life Science. Here is Earth and Space.

This is the syllaubus I wrote and used last year at our co-op. I replaced some of the investigations with things of my own because I couldn't do them in a co-op setting very well. It is also written for 30 weeks so it moves at a fairly quick pace. In addition some of the chapters are skipped as there was simply not enough time to do the entire curriculum in 30 weeks. I am going to be using this at home this year with my son and will be spreading things out more so it doesn't feel as rushed.

The teachers manual should have a schedule at the beginning of each chapter (or maybe it is units). Most run about 10-14 days. I did find this to be about right for the actual text work but I added a few days in for working the activity pages in the back for review and then picking a lab or two. Over all we took about 14-17 days for a chapter.

I will add, for the first unit we just read and discussed and completed it in a few days.

Thanks!

Yes, I noticed that some things were skipped, which makes sense in a 30 wk year! Are you planning to add some of them back in?

I haven't decided yet. The curriculum is a step up from the life science we did last year. We will have about 6 more weeks to get through the material. I plan on starting with the syllabus and see how it goes. If we have extra time at the end of the year, I will add in the last few chapters of the book.