Menu

Lively Art of Writing Workbook

In an attempt to make this little treasure a bit more user-friendly, and as a preemptive measure against my ds using the book’s miniscule type-face as an excuse for “missing†assignments (*sigh*- if only he’d use his powers for good), I am in the process of creating a workbook of sorts for Payne’s The Lively Art of Writing, and I thought I’d offer to share. I’m about halfway done. (through chapter 7 of 15) I’m not sure when I’ll have a chance to complete it, but I’m hoping to take some time in August to finish it up.

It’s nothing fancy. For each chapter, I typed up the chapter summary so ds can keep it in the writing section of his binder. Then there is a page(s) for the chapter questions, with lines for answering them. Next there is a page of chapter assignments. This is mostly a checklist, with the assignments listed and checkboxes to be ticked off as they are finished. Finally, there is a page(s) for the chapter vocabulary with space to do the vocabulary work. It’s done in Word, 47 pages, 52 kb, so far.

If anyone would like a copy, just pm me your email addy, and I’ll be happy to send part 1 along. Please be forgiving of any typos, mistakes, and “un-pretty†formatting, and feel free to edit as you wish. I will try to remember to post when I finish part 2.

Though I am a perpetual and habitual (and possibly hopeless) lurker, I have gleaned a great amount of wisdom from these boards, and I hope I can give back in a way, small such as it is.

Have a blessed day,

Rhonda

This is a very generous offer. I would love a copy. I am planning to work through the Lively Art of Writing with my daughter this year, so your timing could not be better for us!

Thank you for your time and generosity, I sent you a PM.

Scotia

In an attempt to make this little treasure a bit more user-friendly . . . I am in the process of creating a workbook of sorts for Payne’s The Lively Art of Writing, and I thought I’d offer to share.

So generous of you! I'm sure this will be a great help to many! :)

Again, you are all very welcome, and I really hope it helps some of you. I have sent out all request so far and my box is currently empty. (whew!) If any of you had problems with receiving my email (like my forgetting to actually attach the file:glare:), please let me know. I have to work tomorrow, and won't be home until evening, but I'll check in then.

You all have a great night!

Rhonda

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi! I have sent everyone that pm'd me an e-mail with the completed workbook and an answer key. I made the answer key on my own, so take it for what it is worth :D!! I did the answer key so it would force me to go through the book. If anyone else would like a copy, just pm me. I have a lot going on this week, but I will get back to you!!!!

Blessings,

Michelle

I am glad to share what StillWaters started. This board has been so valuable to me. I am glad to "give back"!!! The answer key may not be perfect (as the answers are what I thought was correct!), so take it for what it is worth. My in-box filled to capacity very quickly. I have sent everyone the workbook and answers who requested it (except two of you forgot to send me your e-mail, but I replied to you requesting your e-mail address). So if there is anyone else that could not get a message through because of my full in-box, it is now cleared.

Blessings,

Michelle

Hello everyone! My apologies. Due to a chaotic year I haven’t been here in quite a while, but I’m getting flooded with emails telling me my PM box is full, so I figured I should check it out. I’ve got several requests for the workbook, which I unfortunately never got a chance to finish (turns out this wonderful little book just didn’t work with my highly visual son.) But I see that mjbucks1 has created the second half and an answer key (thank you so much Michelle, I’ve been meaning to go ahead and finish it, even though I couldn’t use it with my son, but just haven’t been able to find the time.)

Anyway, all this rambling to say that to make it easier for everyone to get the files, I created a Yahoo group and uploaded it there. It’s an open group set to announcements only (so no need for approval to join and there will be no messages posted.) I hope I did everything right (it's my first group so I'm winging it:D.) Here’s the link:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LivelyArtOfWritingWorkbook/

Michelle, if you want me to add your files to the group, send me a PM and let me know (after I empty my box.)

Again, I apologize for not answering you all. I’ve not been ignoring you, just haven’t been around. Hopefully the Yahoo group makes it easier to get the file to you all!

Blessings everyone! :001_smile: Let me know if there are any problems.

Rhonda

Hi! I have sent everyone that pm'd me an e-mail with the completed workbook and an answer key. I made the answer key on my own, so take it for what it is worth :D!! I did the answer key so it would force me to go through the book. If anyone else would like a copy, just pm me. I have a lot going on this week, but I will get back to you!!!!

Blessings,

Michelle

Thank you Michelle. You are a blessing.

Oh, and can someone please post and let me know if they were able to get on the group and access the file okay. (I have internet insecurities;))

Hi Rhonda. Thank you for this also! I just joined the group and was able to access the file just fine.

Thank you!

I am glad to share what StillWaters started. This board has been so valuable to me. I am glad to "give back"!!! The answer key may not be perfect (as the answers are what I thought was correct!), so take it for what it is worth. My in-box filled to capacity very quickly. I have sent everyone the workbook and answers who requested it (except two of you forgot to send me your e-mail, but I replied to you requesting your e-mail address). So if there is anyone else that could not get a message through because of my full in-box, it is now cleared.

Blessings,

Michelle

Hi all!! I have to apologize....I sent everyone the wrong workbook!!! I had two files and did not realize it. So I posted the full workbook with answer key on the yahoo Lively Art of Writing site. So sorry, but it should be the correct version now!!