Menu

does this exist?

Is there a math game where children who are learning multiplication and children who are learning addition and subtraction can play together at the same time using only one or the other math operations? Does that make sense? In other words, is there a game where the older kids can advance in the game using M and D and the younger ones using A and S...all at the same time, in the same game??

Guest Dulcimeramy

Go to mathmammoth.com and find Maria's instructions for "The Only Math Game You'll Ever Need" (or something like that).

I think that might work. Sorry I don't have the link.

Guest Dulcimeramy
Go to mathmammoth.com and find Maria's instructions for "The Only Math Game You'll Ever Need" (or something like that).

I think that might work. Sorry I don't have the link.

I can't find it, myself! Maybe someone else will know. Sorry!

Here's a link to directions for making math scrabble: http://www.instructables.com/id/Number-Scrabble-The-Game-aka-Math-Scrabble/

This will only work if you have a scrabble set already. You can make a rule for the younger ones that if they get multiplication or division signs they can trade them for additions or subtraction.

I haven't tried this, but it looks really cool.

There's a flip game that can be played that way. It's usually available at Target/Walmart. It's the game where you have a wooden box. Each side has wooden keys you can flip. Each has numbers on it. You roll the dice and flip. You can also add the dice, subtract, multiply, and divide.

When I play with my kids I take the harder operation and they take whatever they're working on. It gets fun when you can do any of the above and the person has do decide which operation will get the number they want.