Menu

Going to Analytical Grammar after R&S 6

I would personally start with the full AG program. Dd did R&S 6 before we started AG. She was just not clicking with R&S but has done excellent with AG. Also, AG does things a little differently. R&S does not parse sentences, while AG does. I also think there were a couple of aspects in the diagramming that were a bit different. (you will find some small differences in most grammar programs) The HS Reinforcement books are just that, reinforcement on everything learned in the AG program. IMHO, I think you need to start from the beginning. You can complete the program in 1, 2 or 3 years. There is a plan laid out for you for all 3.

FWIW, we just finished season one, and I love this program. So much that I plan to start my ds with Jr AG in 4th or 5th and then move to AG when it is time.

=

I'm not familiar with R&S at all. My oldest completed the GUM program, finishing their middle school book in 6th, and we then went on to AG. There was some review of topics, but he had never had that heavy level of diagramming, and we were able to quickly move on to newer (to him) topics. I personally found it a good review/reinforcement of what he had done, and a chance for him to get acclimated in the earliest chapters.

Don't know if that helps...