Menu

Anyone watch the Duggar grandson special?

I'd been in labor for about 24 hours, typical for me, and at the birth center for an hour. My water broke, and contractions really picked up, so I asked for my midwife to prepare the tub for me to labor and deliver in. After waiting for the tub to fill, I was walking to the tub and decided I needed to use the restroom first, rather urgently. My midwife and her assistants were in the kitchen eating sandwiches, believing it was going to be a while yet. My husband and doula were outside the bathroom door which was just cracked. I quickly realized that I did not need to use the restroom, but that a baby was barreling his way out!! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to say anything, but I finally roared, and my husband threw open the door and my doula shouted for my midwife as they hoisted me up under the arms. My husband caught the baby as my midwife slid underneath just in the nick of time. It was all actually quite comical from my perspective. :lol:

My first toilet baby was similar. The hospital required women to be at 5cm before getting in the tub (or getting an epidural, for that matter). They checked me when I asked to use the tub, and I was at 6cm, so they went to fill it. This takes about 20 minutes.

Before the tub was filled, I started to feel a bit pushy, so the nurse checked again and found I was complete. I asked if I it was ok if I went pee. She said "Yes, but no pooping!" and went to turn off the tub. I sat down to pee, and the baby was out of there like a freight train. I caught her head and managed to keep her out of the water until my husband managed to get someone else in there to help.

So were your twins born then? Or did the drugs hold off labor for longer?

I love baby stories!

I was hospitalized for a week and sent home because they had gotten it to mostly stop. (Those meds are HORRIBLE!) They put me on even stricter bedrest, only up to shower every other day and to go to the bathroom. Five days later my water broke and they were born quite early. :) They were big for their gestation and were only in the NICU for 9 days. We have had a lot of health and development issues but not compared to many.

I finally got the show DVRed and hope to watch it today!

Edited by ds4159