Menu

Looking for a schoolish writing workbook, first or second grade

skueppers

My daughter responds very well to workbook-type materials, and has expressed a desire for a writing workbook for next school year. She'll be in first grade, but second grade materials may be more appropriate.

I'd like something that offers varied daily exercises that take about 15 minutes. She will also be doing copywork, dictation, and narration across the curriculum. She will not be engaging in formal study of spelling or grammar this school year.

Evan-Moor's "Daily 6-Trait Writing" second grade book looks like it would probably suit us, but I'd like to consider other options. Do you have any recommendations?

Writing With Ease offers workbooks with daily assignments.

Thanks -- I should have been clear that WWE isn't what I'm looking for. I prefer to get those kinds of exercises from our regular reading materials. Plus we'll be doing copywork and dictation in German also, so WWE would just be too much of the same kind of thing.

We've used Just Write, Sonja. You can come see it if you want. :) I also thought about getting Winning With Writing... but I keep struggling figuring out what we want to do with writing. Going round and round.

Thanks Farrar, that looks like it could be up our alley.

This is what I was looking for too. I am glad I saw the thread. I have been doing writing with ease but my daughter does well with workbooks too and wanted to get something like Winning with Writing she can do. I just heard of this and from the site it looks great and the price is affordable.