Menu

I need a basic, engaging book that runs thru American History for rising 3rd grader

HappyGrace

I realized my rising 3rd grader has not had any Amer History in any kind of connected way, just lots of random facts, etc. (And he doesn't get much on his own like older sis did from her independent reading, because he doesn't like to read.)

He will get this formally in 4th and 5th grade (that's when older sister hits it again in the cycle) but I don't want to wait that long.

This summer I'd like to read to him something very basic and engaging that will give him a nice flow of events.

I have the Eggleston books but they mostly talk about people and kind of jump around. I need something with a better flow.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Oh, I am so excited-answered my own question by reading the posts lately about the Mara Pratt American History series-this is PERFECT!

Now, if anyone knows if the Kindle edition includes the pictures that are in the book, that would be really helpful! Thanks!

It can be read to you on Librivox as well :). I'm in the process of making an audio CD so we can listen in the car as well.

Brilliant idea! We love listening to SOTW in the car, and I was also planning on downloading Joy Hakim's Story of US as well. We'll be well prepared for car rides!