Menu

Basic College Math 7th edition (2004) ISBN 0321257804

That's the one we used. It has all the answers for the odds in the back, so that's all I needed. You can find a used copy really cheap on Amazon. HTH!

Yup, this is the one we're using as well. I think I got mine for $10 in new condition.

BTW, make sure that the copy you order is listed as new or like new. This particular book is set up in a way that makes people want to write in it.

Yup, this is the one we're using as well. I think I got mine for $10 in new condition.

BTW, make sure that the copy you order is listed as new or like new. This particular book is set up in a way that makes people want to write in it.

I just bought one for $6 including shipping. I would recommending spending a wee bit more as there is both pen and pencil writing on multiple pages. One page even has part of it cut out.

Is BCM meant to be taught before the Introductory Algebra book? I mean, is it a pre-algebra book? I thought I read somewhere that the Introductory Algebra also included pre-algebra. I'd like to know more about Lial's. I've been reading various threads but can't quite figure out if one would use both of these texts (BCM being a prerequisite for IA) or not.

Thanks for any info.

Is BCM meant to be taught before the Introductory Algebra book? I mean, is it a pre-algebra book? I thought I read somewhere that the Introductory Algebra also included pre-algebra. I'd like to know more about Lial's. I've been reading various threads but can't quite figure out if one would use both of these texts (BCM being a prerequisite for IA) or not.

Thanks for any info.

BCM is a review of arithmetic along with some prealgebra and a bit of geometry. I am using it right now as a final course before going into Jacobs Algebra.

I believe Jann in TX (our resident Lial expert) says that BCM and then Introductory Algebra is fine. She usually posts on the high school board.

BCM is a review of arithmetic along with some prealgebra and a bit of geometry. I am using it right now as a final course before going into Jacobs Algebra.

I believe Jann in TX (our resident Lial expert) says that BCM and then Introductory Algebra is fine. She usually posts on the high school board.

Thank you! I have been searching through the HS board and have read some of Jann's posts. I just wasn't sure how these two texts relate.