Menu

Josh Garrels' new album is out and is FREE to download!

I hope this is ok to post.

He is my absolute favorite songwriter. This guy is truly, amazingly gifted, and he's giving his album away for one year.

So I am just spreading the word anywhere I can because I think he deserves more press. He's obviously self-published even though he's had tons of record deals offered to him. But he wants to stay grass roots.

Anyway, since it's free you can check it out and see if it's your style or not:001_smile:

http://joshgarrels.bandcamp.com/download?enc=mp3-320&from=email&id=2172528119&payment_id=3424697415&sig=18f403259bb017fd700a5734d89a3252&type=album

Obviously, if you love the music, consider donating something on his website.

Jen

I saw that today too.

Derek Webb just tweeted about him. He hadn't heard about him before. He's up on NoiseTrade.com as well (a site where artists list their albums in a pay-what-you-want format).

He is very talented, and eclectic. Kind of a neo-folk, rap, electronica type thing. And he's a Christian artist so if that offends you, don't bother, but for those of more agnostic or Christian leanings he's pretty good.

What did you like from the album, Jen? Do you have his other stuff?

Yes, I have all his other albums. And have to been a lot of shows. We're kind of fanatics around here. :D My two oldest kids love him as well.

Probably my favorites tracks (so far, since we just got the album this morning:D) are:

farther along

rise

million miles

the resistance

beyond the blue (can't get through it without bawling)

And yes, he is a Christian, forgot to mention that. But way outside of CCM.