Menu

A word about political threads

Susan Wise Bauer

I wanted to start a Jimmy Buffet for President thread. Oh well, I will have to drink the margaritas all alone.

Only if Kenny Chesney runs as his VP. Boy, I'd love to go to those debates. :001_smile:

So, um, Hillary. Your avatar appearing in this thread is cracking me up, but seriously now.

Actually, this has been my avatar for MONTHS. :D

And the Moderators reviewed it several months ago and decided that since it had nothing to do with a political party it has been allowed to stay.

:thumbup: Thank you, Susan.

As an election season approaches...I feel the need to give y'all some guidelines.

This board is not for the discussion of politics. There are other places to do that.

Yes, we do say that this board is for "hanging out and chatting." That's because parents who teach their kids sometimes just need to...chat. Not about school, just about life.

Having said that...

I don't want to see political threads here that have nothing to do with home schooling. It was the last presidential election that forced us to ban political avatars, slogans, and partisan discussions. I'm already seeing threads that appear to be posted simply to start political arguments. Not interested, people. Chat about something else, here. Or go talk about politics, somewhere else.

Simple. :001_smile:

SWB

P.S. And, to clarify: the ban against political statements in avatars and signatures is STILL in effect.

Not trying to be snarky. You would be surprised how many people come here and don't know who Susan is or what she wrote. :)

Thanks Polly. Funny, people would join the forum and not know Jesse Wise or Susan Bauer are...:confused:

Personally, I don't like the idea that anyone "owns" a forum of ideas, but I understand what you were trying to say. :001_smile:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you. I hope the moderators can keep up:).

As an election season approaches...I feel the need to give y'all some guidelines.

This board is not for the discussion of politics. There are other places to do that.

Yes, we do say that this board is for "hanging out and chatting." That's because parents who teach their kids sometimes just need to...chat. Not about school, just about life.

Having said that...

I don't want to see political threads here that have nothing to do with home schooling. It was the last presidential election that forced us to ban political avatars, slogans, and partisan discussions. I'm already seeing threads that appear to be posted simply to start political arguments. Not interested, people. Chat about something else, here. Or go talk about politics, somewhere else.

Simple. :001_smile:

SWB

P.S. And, to clarify: the ban against political statements in avatars and signatures is STILL in effect.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...