Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Susan Wise Bauer

A word about political threads

I wanted to start a Jimmy Buffet for President thread. Oh well, I will have to drink the margaritas all alone.

Only if Kenny Chesney runs as his VP. Boy, I'd love to go to those debates. :001_smile:

So, um, Hillary. Your avatar appearing in this thread is cracking me up, but seriously now.

Actually, this has been my avatar for MONTHS. :D

And the Moderators reviewed it several months ago and decided that since it had nothing to do with a political party it has been allowed to stay.

:thumbup: Thank you, Susan.

As an election season approaches...I feel the need to give y'all some guidelines.

This board is not for the discussion of politics. There are other places to do that.

Yes, we do say that this board is for "hanging out and chatting." That's because parents who teach their kids sometimes just need to...chat. Not about school, just about life.

Having said that...

I don't want to see political threads here that have nothing to do with home schooling. It was the last presidential election that forced us to ban political avatars, slogans, and partisan discussions. I'm already seeing threads that appear to be posted simply to start political arguments. Not interested, people. Chat about something else, here. Or go talk about politics, somewhere else.

Simple. :001_smile:

SWB

P.S. And, to clarify: the ban against political statements in avatars and signatures is STILL in effect.

Excellent advice. Keep the forum pure! :001_smile:

Advice? Umm...it's the *law*. Susan Wise Bauer owns the board. :)

...and welcome :)

Clearly. Just trying to be supportive of her "direction".

Not trying to be snarky. You would be surprised how many people come here and don't know who Susan is or what she wrote. :)

Not trying to be snarky. You would be surprised how many people come here and don't know who Susan is or what she wrote. :)

Thanks Polly. Funny, people would join the forum and not know Jesse Wise or Susan Bauer are...:confused:

Personally, I don't like the idea that anyone "owns" a forum of ideas, but I understand what you were trying to say. :001_smile:

Thank you. I hope the moderators can keep up:).

As an election season approaches...I feel the need to give y'all some guidelines.

This board is not for the discussion of politics. There are other places to do that.

Yes, we do say that this board is for "hanging out and chatting." That's because parents who teach their kids sometimes just need to...chat. Not about school, just about life.

Having said that...

I don't want to see political threads here that have nothing to do with home schooling. It was the last presidential election that forced us to ban political avatars, slogans, and partisan discussions. I'm already seeing threads that appear to be posted simply to start political arguments. Not interested, people. Chat about something else, here. Or go talk about politics, somewhere else.

Simple. :001_smile:

SWB

P.S. And, to clarify: the ban against political statements in avatars and signatures is STILL in effect.

If a thread breaks the rules, please report it. Don't bash the moderators for "playing favorites." We cannot read every thread and rely on the board users to maintain the rules.

Okay. Thanks for clarifying.

Thank you for bringing this up again:001_smile:. Also, if you have a genuine, polite political question for someone (not rude) you can PM them.

Just trying to keep the note at the top.15.jpg09ht.jpg09ax.jpg16.jpg20.jpg6.jpg18.jpg

Hi laura. It's a sticky note and pinned so will always be at the top. And welcome to the forums.