Menu

Has anyone done all of AG in 6th and 7th grade, or all in 6th grade?

HappyGrace

I can't bear the thought of spreading it out over three yrs.

Dd (rising 6th grader) is advanced, especially in LA (she blew through R+S English 5 doing it orally with me in less than three months, and that was her first foray into diagramming. It was a piece of cake for her.)

I thought about taking next yr off from grammar but I'm afraid she'll forget her diagramming. So she wants to do R+S again next yr but I can't bear the thought of it. I think AG looks like a good way to stretch her and give a different perspective. Heather in VA said in another thread that it helped her dc *apply* what she was learning in a profitable way, which is what I want.

But I HATE the way AG leaves the phrases/clauses until year 2-I would definitely at least want to cover that next yr too. And then it seems strange to leave punctuation (which she knows well) til year 3!

And actually from the AG sample, it looks like she could very easily do AG and it might be too easy for her.

So has anyone done it all in one or two years in 6th or 7th?

I suspect after that we'd go into R+S 7 or else skip it and go right to R+S 8 and then be done with grammar. (I know AG says it is complete but I will still want more, since we'd be ending AG early.)