Menu

Why I believe God made a mistake giving me three male offspring!

1. The great dog shampoo mystery - The dog shampoo bottle is much lower than I would expect given the number of baths that I've given Lewis. Upon investigation it has come to my attention that the boys like the smell of that shampoo better than their own and are showering with it. :001_huh: Ds 14's comment, "At least we won't have fleas."

2. Since they are all 18 months apart, at one point we will have all three in college at once. They've come up with a plan to convince their friend "L" to attend the same college and they'll all share an apartment. Now, my boys consider cleaning almost anything to be capitol punishment. According to L's mother, his hind end must be ridden like a rented mule in order to get him to clean a thing. Yep, all four of them...one domicile...that's their little plan. I told DH that I want no part of it and if he and his best buddy decide to let these boys do this, I am not responsible for the loss of security deposit and the most certain lawsuit for destruction of property, much less bailing them out of jail. Shoot....the only that will be left of that apartment won't be worth salvaging. Landlord may as well just light a match and walk away!

3. All conversations contain the following mind-numbing topics. Every. single. one. Star Wars, Star Trek, Mech Warrior, Porshe, Delorean, Ferrari, and pizza. Every. single. time.

4. The most likely sentence directed at me from any of them is, "Food???? What's for dinner?"

5. Should I really be telling 14, 12.75, and 11 year boys to brush their teeth????????:confused: Dd had this down pat by the time she was three!

6. Every activity involves, Star Wars, Star Trek, Mech Warrior, cars, pizza, or the search for matches. Every. single. one.

7. Dh is out there telling them all about the pranks that he and his friends pulled in college. THEY ARE TAKING NOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

8. 14 year old thinks the main criteria for choosing a college is, "How often does the cafeteria serve pizza and how good is it?" If there was a Pizza Hut University, he'd make it his life's work to gain entrance.

9. There is not enough food on the planet to feed them much less contained within my house.

10. The concept of hanging up wet towels just does not compute. Simply too advanced, too difficult, too worrisome, too much work...just can.not.do.it.

So here it is, my 23rd wedding anniversary and dh is helping them work on their 4-H physics/engineering projects and the 14 year old, as usual, is looking for matches. DD is on a shift, my mom is resting from a pinched nerve in her back, my best friend is at a quilt retreat that I chose not to attend because it was our anniversary weekend, and I'm seriously considering driving to Barns and Nobles and striking up conversations with random females before my brain develops a permanent twitch.

Briefly I considered announcing a 24 hour ban on the above topics and transgressors would be punished by wearing pantyhose on their heads. I might just be losing it!

Faith

1. The great dog shampoo mystery - The dog shampoo bottle is much lower than I would expect given the number of baths that I've given Lewis. Upon investigation it has come to my attention that the boys like the smell of that shampoo better than their own and are showering with it. :001_huh: Ds 14's comment, "At least we won't have fleas."

2. Since they are all 18 months apart, at one point we will have all three in college at once. They've come up with a plan to convince their friend "L" to attend the same college and they'll all share an apartment. Now, my boys consider cleaning almost anything to be capitol punishment. According to L's mother, his hind end must be ridden like a rented mule in order to get him to clean a thing. Yep, all four of them...one domicile...that's their little plan. I told DH that I want no part of it and if he and his best buddy decide to let these boys do this, I am not responsible for the loss of security deposit and the most certain lawsuit for destruction of property, much less bailing them out of jail. Shoot....the only that will be left of that apartment won't be worth salvaging. Landlord may as well just light a match and walk away!

3. All conversations contain the following mind-numbing topics. Every. single. one. Star Wars, Star Trek, Mech Warrior, Porshe, Delorean, Ferrari, and pizza. Every. single. time.

4. The most likely sentence directed at me from any of them is, "Food???? What's for dinner?"

5. Should I really be telling 14, 12.75, and 11 year boys to brush their teeth????????:confused: Dd had this down pat by the time she was three!

6. Every activity involves, Star Wars, Star Trek, Mech Warrior, cars, pizza, or the search for matches. Every. single. one.

7. Dh is out there telling them all about the pranks that he and his friends pulled in college. THEY ARE TAKING NOTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

8. 14 year old thinks the main criteria for choosing a college is, "How often does the cafeteria serve pizza and how good is it?" If there was a Pizza Hut University, he'd make it his life's work to gain entrance.

9. There is not enough food on the planet to feed them much less contained within my house.

10. The concept of hanging up wet towels just does not compute. Simply too advanced, too difficult, too worrisome, too much work...just can.not.do.it.

So here it is, my 23rd wedding anniversary and dh is helping them work on their 4-H physics/engineering projects and the 14 year old, as usual, is looking for matches. DD is on a shift, my mom is resting from a pinched nerve in her back, my best friend is at a quilt retreat that I chose not to attend because it was our anniversary weekend, and I'm seriously considering driving to Barns and Nobles and striking up conversations with random females before my brain develops a permanent twitch.

Briefly I considered announcing a 24 hour ban on the above topics and transgressors would be punished by wearing pantyhose on their heads. I might just be losing it!

Faith

dear, the bolded above also apply to my daughters.

At least they don't burst into tears all the time (or do they? I don't want to know. My only son is 3)

Big :grouphug::grouphug:. Sorry you have had to spend your anniversay this way. However, I can feel your pain when it comes to boys. I have ONLY one - BUT most of your descriptions fits my 11 ds to the tee.

Edited by momof165

Faith

:lol::lol:

Thanks for the laugh. At least I know my boys are normal!:D

:grouphug::grouphug:

I can relate. As I was reading the dog shampoo story, I could already hear my 14 yr old's comment. Yep, it matched you ds'.

I continued to read, nodding in agreement.

I wouldn't call it a 'mistake' here though. I can deal with all of this far better than I can my 7 yr old dd's drama. :faint:

:lol:

We're honestly kinda hoping that 'Tummy' is a boy.

We've noticed that with Diva and Princess, our dds are getting more dramatic as we we go. We're not sure that we can survive another!

Go corral your dh and inform him that he takes you somewhere for your anniversary, or there may not be another one. :D

Ha. I have FOUR boys. :-P

Topics of conversation: Star Wars, Star Trek, Total War, the Civil War, just plain war, Cool Guys don't look at Explosions, Weird Al, Basketball, Football, public restrooms.

Sometimes I have to remind my husband that I need to get away by myself or with other women. I don't think he gets it, but at least he doesn't object.

:lol: God has a great sense of humor, doesn't he?

I'm so tired of hearing about Star Wars, I tell them to go talk to themselves sometimes! Legos are another topic, usually in reference to what Star Wars weapon, ship, location, etc. they have created.

I'm gearing up for the rest of the items on your list.

Happy Anniversary!!! :grouphug:

I have four boys and I could have written this. My boys used the dog shampoo too! Why? Why?

Legos and Star Wars are in every conversation. Our dog eats the Legos and last winter the boys were outside cleaning up after the dog and when asked why they were laughing so hard they replied "the dog p@@ps Legos!"

One day I was complaining about walking and sitting on Legos and my oldest said when I die they are going to put a few Legos in my casket so I will be comfortable and at home. :smash:

When my oldest was dating and his girlfriend was here with the boys helping them make me a Mother's Day card, I got my first card without guns, bombs or explosions on it. It almost looked odd.

I never chose a boy name with the first pregnancy because I knew I was having a girl - what would I do with a boy? When I meet God, I know what my first question will be.

Edited by AllBoys

I had three brothers and my poor mother had to ban Star Wars from the dinner table. These days, I have an adorable little 8yo girl who loves Star Wars and loves to tell Grandma all about it over dinner! :lol:
We have 3 sons, and we've had to ban all sorts of things at the dinner table! Please - original conversation only at the dinner table! No quoting!

I wanted boys, though...be careful what you pray for. ;) My MIL had 7 boys and only 1 girl. And yes, my MIL has lost her mind.

Boys just seem like a completely different species. My older DD and I were just talking about going on a girls retreat: The girls and I in a hotel for a weekend. Peace, quiet, Pride and Prejudice on DVD, some shopping and a swim in the pool.

The dog shampoo thing is just too funny. I've always said that having boys is like having puppies anyway.

Maybe you should start letting them brush their teeth with dog toothpaste, too!:lol: No fleas and chicken liver fresh breath!

Happy anniversary!

OH my word! That's hysterical! :lol: :lol: :lol: I never thought of it. This is good. Hey, I wonder if dh would object to one of those shocker dog collars on them so if they bring up Star Wars or potty humor at the dinner table, I can BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ them!

I know, I know...inapprorpriate training for human children. But, my sister, the psychologist/social worker told me I should make "pizza bite" treats and every time they do something right, pat them on the head, say "GOOD BOY!" and hand them a treat. :D She cracks me up.

Poor dh...our anniversary evening plans never came to fruition. His colleagues at his life sucking job started calling at 6:00 p.m. and he worked until midnight. So much for dinner. Oh well, I have to remind myself that last year he went ape on his boss - literally just had it out over the 25+, 80 hour work weeks with no-comp time or additional paid vacation, actually took some vacation time, and took me to Chicago. It was divine...Amtrak, gorgeous hotel with all the amenities, dinner at Riva's on Navy Pier, a chamber concert at the Chicago Institute of Art plus a lovely afternoon of wondering the halls there and taking it all in, and of course A TRIP TO THE LEGO STORE!

I do love these boys. I think we are just in a stage where they are attempting to drain the life force out of my brain...maybe they are wearing me down in the hopes I'll be stark raving mad when they are old enough to drive and buy them sports cars. :001_huh:

Faith

I love boys. I only have one but between him and dh, the toilet humour just goes on and on. Why do they still think it is funny to fart?

I know a woman who has 3 boys and she has painted her bedroom (that she shares with her husband) a beautiful bright pink colour, just so that she can have a feminine sanctuary from all the maleness she lives with.

We've noticed that with Diva and Princess, our dds are getting more dramatic as we we go. We're not sure that we can survive another!

Go corral your dh and inform him that he takes you somewhere for your anniversary, or there may not be another one. :D

We have 3 girls and #4 is a boy. He is in no way less dramatic. Add the drama to a real knack for self-injury and this boy has me at my wits end 99% of the time.

dear, the bolded above also apply to my daughters.

At least they don't burst into tears all the time (or do they? I don't want to know. My only son is 3)

:iagree:

They have met their match in my 11 yo dd.

(Except maybe for the matches. I keep them pretty oblivious to the existence of matches. :D)

And no, my boys do not burst into tears randomly. (Not too randomly anyway--and certainly not the older two.)

Boys just seem like a completely different species. My older DD and I were just talking about going on a girls retreat: The girls and I in a hotel for a weekend. Peace, quiet, Pride and Prejudice on DVD, some shopping and a swim in the pool.

The dog shampoo thing is just too funny. I've always said that having boys is like having puppies anyway.

:iagree:

And, just like puppies, if you give them lots of love and attention (and feed them well enough), they love you forever. :001_wub:

Faith

Ah, boys. I had to ban Star Wars KOTOR conversations at the dinner table. And I thought it was only mu kids who had to be reminded to brush teeth. Do you have to remind them to bathe also? I think my kids would go a month without a shower if my husband and I didn't tell them to take one.

I know, I know...inapprorpriate training for human children. But, my sister, the psychologist/social worker told me I should make "pizza bite" treats and every time they do something right, pat them on the head, say "GOOD BOY!" and hand them a treat. :D She cracks me up.

Faith

That totally reminds me of

The great dog shampoo mystery - The dog shampoo bottle is much lower than I would expect given the number of baths that I've given Lewis. Upon investigation it has come to my attention that the boys like the smell of that shampoo better than their own and are showering with it. :001_huh: Ds 14's comment, "At least we won't have fleas."

LOL Sorry you're spending the anniversary like that but I can't help but laugh at the above comment...I grew up with my sister's family and she had 3 boys (2 close together and then one surprise) :lol: gosh that sounds like something they would do LOL oh boy....boys are a breed all their own to say the least....lol hope the husband remembers the anniversary and does something special with you.....

Faith

Hey, on Saturday I'll have a 14, 12.75, and 11 yo too. I totally feel your pain. What is with pizza and boys? Mine are Star Wars geeks too but we have not introduced Star Trek yet. Maybe we shouldn't go there. My dh thinks Dr. Who would be fun for them. Hmmmm....I don't know. They are going through a Spider Man phase right now and 11yo-to-be is getting some old-fashioned Dukes of Hazzard for his b-day. I may regret that decision. :glare:

I think it's cool that your 3 want to share an apartment in college. My 3 aren't that close. They have slowly been trickling OUT of the room they were sharing. One move in with the baby and one moved into the basement. They will NOT be going to the same college let alone sharing an apartment. Oh well.

Oh, the memories. My first 3 bio's were boys and it was quite an adventure here. They are all still good friends to this day. We have 7 kids now, 5 still full-time at home. #2 is back with his wife, dog, and my dgd while transitioning into new home. #1 is visiting for the weekend. It is very interesting and noisy, but I have taken lot of pictures b/c it doesn't happen often anymore. Enjoy!!! It passes too fast.

Tell? Just tell? I have to herd mine into the bathroom and stand guard at the door until the job is done.

Yeah, you're right about that one.

Tell? Just tell? I have to herd mine into the bathroom and stand guard at the door until the job is done.

All too soon you'll find yourself having to book a slot! ;)

Faith

Bless your heart. On the plus side, you don't have to foot the bill for their weddings. :D

LOL, sounds like my life!!!!

But it is my twins, Dd and Ds#1, looking for matches and/or lighters.

I am lucky if my boys even use soap when taking a shower/bath... if they even bother to get wet is a miracle.

Conversations around here are about computer, science, how idiotic people are in this world (mainly from Dh and Ds#1), video games (mainly from Ds#3... all.the.waking.seconds.of.his.day).

And of course none of them care about the disaster in the house and the fact that we are to move by August 1st from Chicago, IL to Scranton, PA and not one of them is helping a bit in decluttering or packing. I have a 2200 sq ft home full of stuff to go through.

Oh and food is always in short supply and now our oven decided to not work and we ran out of propane gas for the grill!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They act like they are starving to death.

At least you have a girl to break the monotony, LOL.... I just have a never-ending stream of testosterone roaming in and out of my house, both those who belong to me and those who belong to everyone else, randomly roaming my house (I'm afraid to take baths or change clothes half the time)....

At least you have a girl to break the monotony, LOL.... I just have a never-ending stream of testosterone roaming in and out of my house, both those who belong to me and those who belong to everyone else, randomly roaming my house (I'm afraid to take baths or change clothes half the time)....

ROFL. My girl is a wonderful person. Just not a typical girl, far from typical -LOL.

She is is a metal rock musician, kung fu kicking, mohawk, wears all black 16yr old. She does not wear makeup (except for band performances and Halloween), only has one piercing in each ear (she absolutely hates body piercings and those gauged ear holes make her gag-LOL). She does want a few Chinese phrases tats on her shoulder blades I think.

So, I guess she does break up the monotony... but she does it big-LOL.

Oh, I do have another girl... my niece. We raised her from age 11. She is 24 and getting married in November. She wasn't typical much either, but closer than normal girl than Dd. But I also had her older and younger brothers (still have them living here-LOL). So it was three girls and 6 guys here for many years.

Edited by AnitaMcC

Such is the life with boys!

Yep...I have 4 of them. They thought it was really funny to fart in a submarine on our trip to the sub museum. Said it was a once in a lifetime opportunity....dh joined them:tongue_smilie: We turned the corner, and there were the gas masks.......can you hear the laughing......

Oy! Boys!

Faithe

Uhh, did I miss an announcement? If so, CONGRATS!!

We have four boys. Our oldest is 9. I think I was under the illusion that the Star Wars and Star Trek mania would have abated by their teens? No? :svengo:

I have a pink computer, mouse, computer bag, (used to have a pink) phone, etc. I say I need a little femininity in my life!! I hadn't thought of painting the master bedroom pink... wonder if DH would go for it? :lol:

mt dd, age 16, after yet another round with her brother asked me ,Mom, do I really have to marry a boy?" I told her "not in some states". SHe said that she really does not want to marry a girl, she just wishes that there was a 3rd choice.

OK, that just cracked me up. As did the dog shampoo one. I have two boys (7 & 8) and their conversational topics are underwear, bodily noises and monster trucks.