Menu

Mental health workers report FLDS women good mothers

I just came across an informative site about the FLDS & their treatment while in state custody.

It seems that many of the mental health workers who were involved with the FLDS mothers & children at the colliseum, have now changed their opinion on what is happening with this group in Texas & are writing about it.

Thought others might like to know.

http://www.truthwillprevail.org/index.php?parentid=1&index=11

Tiffany

This is an excellent article. I had read portions of the quotes before, but not as many as are printed here. I, too, worked in children's mental health for a number of years and remain totally appalled by the way this went down. There was NEVER any reason to take all the children. They had one anonymous phone call. That is not to say that the state should not investigate forced underage marriage; they should. But the young children were not in any immediate danger of forced marriage. This could have and should have been managed differently.

The one thing that I hope is that this brings the unchecked power of CPS to light and some reform occurs. This occurs frequently on a smaller scale and most families are helpless to fight it. There ARE really good CPS workers. I know some. I know others with real problems and major unresolved issues who should not have power over anyone. The problem is that the system is set up so that CPS workers basically have to police themselves for things to work well. When you give unchecked power to people with unresolved emotional issues, things like this raid happen.