Menu

If you are attracted to the all-in-one currics. but can't commit

May I comment on my use of "auto-pilot"? :) I certainly don't mean that I homeschool on auto-pilot. I'm speaking of those times when I have been up all night with a vomitting toddler and am so thankful that I can just pick up a guide and follow the directions when my eyes can barely focus and I can't put a thought together.

There are weeks when I am creative, and tweaking and planning. Then there are weeks when we have had out of town company, sickness and just life craziness. It's those weeks when I am thankful that someone else has done the planning for me.

I'm sorry, but it has really thrown me for a loop trying to homeschool a 2nd grader and a kindergartener with a strong-willed 3 year old and 1 year old thrown into the mix! I would love nothing more than to browse materials and plan my own program indefinitely, but I'm in survival mode many days.

So, no, I didn't choose a pre-planned curriculum so that I could teach on auto-pilot. But am thankful for the means to do so when totally necessary.

Edited by KeriJ

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally feel the same way. :001_wub: When will your year be starting?

Probably at the end of the summer. We're going on a looooonnnggg holiday :D. I have toyed with the idea of starting earlier so we can do co-op 1 day a week but I really want to be consistent when I do start. The sun and sand will be entirely too tempting...no matter how much we are looking forward to starting!!!! :tongue_smilie: I'll be glad when we get to Preparing for the 4-day schedule.

DD is thrilled with my choice (Bigger). She keeps sneaking the books--I find them hidden in her room! I'm actually thinking about selling MFW K and getting LHFHG for ds k. And doesn't dd (almost 4) need LHTH?! :lol:

May I comment on my use of "auto-pilot"? :) I certainly don't mean that I homeschool on auto-pilot. I'm speaking of those times when I have been up all night with a vomitting toddler and am so thankful that I can just pick up a guide and follow the directions when my eyes can barely focus and I can't put a thought together.

There are weeks when I am creative, and tweaking and planning. Then there are weeks when we have had out of town company, sickness and just life craziness. It's those weeks when I am thankful that someone else has done the planning for me.

I'm sorry, but it has really thrown me for a loop trying to homeschool a 2nd grader and a kindergartener with a strong-willed 3 year old and 1 year old thrown into the mix! I would love nothing more than to browse materials and plan my own program indefinitely, but I'm in survival mode many days.

So, no, I didn't choose a pre-planned curriculum so that I could teach on auto-pilot. But am thankful for the means to do so when totally necessary.

That's what I got our of your previous post, anyways :D

I liked HOD's LHFHG this year for K because it was so efficient and covered so many areas. However, I still had time to add parts of another program, Memoria Press K, to add a classical twist to it. I liked Memoria Press K for the art and music appreciation, read-alouds, poetry, and recitation. I feel like I am pretty eclectic in tastes but am trying as much as possible to use combinations of "boxed" programs to meet our needs. HOD is efficient enough (at least at that level) to add more on top of it. In hindsight I would have added SL Science K this past year, too. I guess what I'm saying is that using a boxed curriculum as a base and then adding on top of it kept me from feeling confined to just that program and allowed me the creativity and flexibility I like.

Kathy

I've looked at HOD, MFW, and WP over and over and over! They do look so appealing, but I also feel a little "confined" with an all-in-one. I want some direction, but not detailed plans (at least not this year;)). My solution for this upcoming year is to use Konos. It gives me a framework that I can make completely my own. I have the character traits as themes, booklists and activity lists. I can do with them what I want! I can spend more or less time as recommended, follow rabbit trails or skip some things completely - all with no guilt! I'm pretty excited!:D I don't know how long we'll use Konos, maybe just a year. I've learned not to make too many long term plans. The previous curricula I've mentioned still appeal to me, plus TOG and AWOA. I just have to find my groove and see what works (or doesn't) for us.

I've looked at HOD, MFW, and WP over and over and over! They do look so appealing, but I also feel a little "confined" with an all-in-one. I want some direction, but not detailed plans (at least not this year;)).

:iagree:

I could not have put it better. I tried MFW and felt totally confined. I need more guidance in the area of history only,so we plan to use biblioplan since it is a history "framework". I can handle the other subjects and prefer to make my own choices and plans for those, but my favorite box curricula to drool over is still HOD. It is curricula "eye-candy".:w00t:

For the first time ever this year I'm going with a boxed curric. (HOD) Will tweak and add. My dh is diabetic and lost 2 toes last year and with all the time we spent in clinics, hospitals, infectious diseases dr's it would have been nice to have a little box tell me what I should be doing. That way when my Mom was playing with dd for me, they could have played school! Something my Mom could have followed. So since last year was the way it was, this year I'm going HOD. Now next year who knows...could be a whole other story.

Janelle

I'm just wondering how many other people there are like me out there. When I start reading posts about MFW or HOD, or even SL, I start drooling. It sounds so great to have everything linked together. It sounds wonderful to have an entire day already laid out for you on one page. I even ordered a HOD catalog last night just so I could read it over.

But, last summer, I spent the entire time researching curriculum and decided not to go with any of these. At one point previously, we had ordered a SL core, and I quickly became disenchanted with the Teacher's Guide. I hated being told when we could read certain books. So we ended up just using those books as bonus literature.

While the thought of having a whole day planned out for me sounds so appealing, my rebellious nature hates being told what to do. I love books, and I love having the freedom to pick and choose what we will be reading - and then drop it if it's not working.

My other issue is that I want us to be engaged and challenged on every level. And yet I can't help but wonder if life would be more enjoyable if I would just drop the academic pressure and let my son take the 'easier' road once in a while.

Anyone else in this boat?

Oh, and I also will have a K & K4 this year, along with my 3rd grader, which is making these 'whole family at the same time' deals look even more attractive.

I could have written your post even the ordering the SL core (except I ordered 2 at one time. :glare:) and becoming disenchanted. My boys were 2nd and 1st at the time or 1st and K maybe. With another one not too far behind. I don't think I lasted a month with it.

My oldest boy is now going into the 9th grade. So for 7 years now I've put together my eclectic mish-mash. And after 7 years I'm going to try again. And the impetus was that darn Sonlight catalog coming in my mailbox. But I'm not doing Sonlight. I poured over that thing, came on here and read through threads about Sonlight, went to their website and decided that it wasn't for us back then and it still isn't for us now. But I really do want someone else to take some of the legwork in putting together a cohesive program and also to inject some fun ideas and variety that I was lacking. I *think* I've found what will work for us. Still have my fingers crossed here. I jumped in with my eyes wide open this time, though. There is no such thing as the *perfect* plan. So I'm prepared to not like ALL of it. That way I don't get so disappointed and throw the baby out with the bath kind of thing just because my expectations were too high.

So far so good. There are just a couple of things that I think I can improve upon. No big deal. A little tweaking here and there is certainly not going to kill me and it still makes my life a whole lot easier to have the majority of the program usable as-is. Tweaking still lets me indulge my planning side, just a wee bit, while not letting the whole of my days be consumed with every single subject for every single child.

Of course, I'm just getting my feet wet with my 2nd grader and in the planning stages with the others, except my 9th grader. I haven't even bought his program yet. But I"m positively optimistic that this is going to be a stellar year that we will want to duplicate next year.

Guest Dulcimeramy
For the first time ever this year I'm going with a boxed curric. (HOD) Will tweak and add. My dh is diabetic and lost 2 toes last year and with all the time we spent in clinics, hospitals, infectious diseases dr's it would have been nice to have a little box tell me what I should be doing. That way when my Mom was playing with dd for me, they could have played school! Something my Mom could have followed. So since last year was the way it was, this year I'm going HOD. Now next year who knows...could be a whole other story.

Janelle

:grouphug: I had a year like that, and Sonlight was the answer. It worked, and better than expected. I'm sorry about your husband's suffering and hope he enjoys good health for a long time to come.

Well, this was certainly not what I intended, but now I'm seriously considering HOD. I'm thinking about "Preparing" for my 3rd grader & "Little Hearts" for my girls. :lol: The thought of 2 teaching manuals is a bit intimidating, but it will help me make sure that I'm not leaving the girls behind in the dust (which is a fear I have). And maybe this will alleviate some stress and add some of the 'fun' back into our day. We'll see... I can't wait to get the actual catalog in the mail.

Well, this was certainly not what I intended, but now I'm seriously considering HOD. I'm thinking about "Preparing" for my 3rd grader & "Little Hearts" for my girls. :lol: The thought of 2 teaching manuals is a bit intimidating, but it will help me make sure that I'm not leaving the girls behind in the dust (which is a fear I have). And maybe this will alleviate some stress and add some of the 'fun' back into our day. We'll see... I can't wait to get the actual catalog in the mail.

:lol:

Seriously though, leaving youngers behind and not getting in the fun have been two of my concerns also. ... and stress ... well that's so much a part of me that I don't even dare dream ... :tongue_smilie:

From what I've read, that should actually be pretty do-able. Little Hearts shouldn't take terribly long each day. I actually like the boxes in the guide because we tend to spread things throughout the day. For instance, we often do read alouds right before bed.

Sorry to tempt you with something new! :lol: I'm a bad influence, I know! (but I remember reading your thread on "another board" ;) when homeschooling was getting stressful and could relate to how you were feeling, and thought of HOD for you then, but wasn't sure I should mention it then :).......really long run on sentence there.)

I'm just thankful that the homeschooling community has broadened enough to have options for all of the different homeschooling families out there. Isn't that the beauty of this option, to choose what works best for OUR family? I enjoy the freedom that allows me to approach each year as it's own, knowing that our family dynamics change from year to year. I don't feel tied to "choose a style" for the rest of our lives, we can evaluate each year by what our goals were and how we accomplished them (or what was missing) and address that in the new year.

Even in my very large local homeschooling circle there are very few of us that take the same educational approach within our homes. Yet we still share and glean from each others experiences, no judgement or finger wagging needed. ;) There is enough opposition out there, we don't really need it within the community.

I am going to be doing Preparing with my 4th grader and LHFHG with my K'er. I think it is totally doable. Since there are some great independant things in Preparing, you can fit in LHFHG at those times. Plus a lot of boxes are semi-independant where you can spend a few mintues pointing your kiddo in the right direction and let them go on their own.

I am "tying" boxes from Preparing and LHFHG together....like my schedule will say Preparing-Science, LHFHG phonics, etc. This way we are not going to be tied to an exact schedule, but I know that when DD is doing certain boxes, DS will do his and they will both be going at the same pace, but different Guides. I think this will keep us on task and make sure everyone gets the attention and teaching time they need. I am going to have a few worksheets/activites for DD in Preparing to do if she gets done with a bx and I am still working with my son.

You will LOVE the catalog...its sooo pretty :)

I'm just wondering how many other people there are like me out there. When I start reading posts about MFW or HOD, or even SL, I start drooling. It sounds so great to have everything linked together. It sounds wonderful to have an entire day already laid out for you on one page. I even ordered a HOD catalog last night just so I could read it over.

But, last summer, I spent the entire time researching curriculum and decided not to go with any of these. At one point previously, we had ordered a SL core, and I quickly became disenchanted with the Teacher's Guide. I hated being told when we could read certain books. So we ended up just using those books as bonus literature.

While the thought of having a whole day planned out for me sounds so appealing, my rebellious nature hates being told what to do. I love books, and I love having the freedom to pick and choose what we will be reading - and then drop it if it's not working.

My other issue is that I want us to be engaged and challenged on every level. And yet I can't help but wonder if life would be more enjoyable if I would just drop the academic pressure and let my son take the 'easier' road once in a while.

Anyone else in this boat?

Oh, and I also will have a K & K4 this year, along with my 3rd grader, which is making these 'whole family at the same time' deals look even more attractive.

I haven't been able to get into any of the all-in ones because of religious reasons. That said one finally came out this year that I can get behind. I am not sure how it will go, but I am looking forward to at least having a skeleton plan in place!

You know, I actually have the opposite problem! I use WP and I'm trying out SL. I keep dreaming about just venturing out on my own, and not being attached to a schedule. The biggest thing I don't like about the schedules is my inability to feel succesful unless I can check off each box. It stresses me out and often keeps me from really jumping all the way in to a subject, really doing all the fun activities, going on the "rabbit trails" to answer questions that my kids come up with because we "DON'T HAVE TIME!!" That's the way it makes me feel. My dd might ask about sharks, but it's not on the schedule, so we don't have time to really research a non-related topic!!! I know a curriculum is not supposed to make you feel this way, this is my problem....

BUT, I don't seem to have the courage to throw it out and venture out on my own. I look on with envy on all those moms that seem to create, plan and tweak on their own. I keep thinking that someday I'll jump, but I have so many self-doubts. I doubt my ability to be creative enough, to not miss important things (whatever those are), to have and to take the time I would need to plan, etc, etc,

So - my hats off to those adventurers who make their own paths! I hope someday to have the courage to follow you! :001_smile:

I'm just thankful that the homeschooling community has broadened enough to have options for all of the different homeschooling families out there. Isn't that the beauty of this option, to choose what works best for OUR family? I enjoy the freedom that allows me to approach each year as it's own, knowing that our family dynamics change from year to year. I don't feel tied to "choose a style" for the rest of our lives, we can evaluate each year by what our goals were and how we accomplished them (or what was missing) and address that in the new year.

Even in my very large local homeschooling circle there are very few of us that take the same educational approach within our homes. Yet we still share and glean from each others experiences, no judgement or finger wagging needed. ;) There is enough opposition out there, we don't really need it within the community.

:iagree: I've been saddened by the current trend on this board of putting down those who like structure or planned curriculum as being less creative, more conformist, poorer teachers, etc, etc.

:iagree: I've been saddened by the current trend on this board of putting down those who like structure or planned curriculum as being less creative, more conformist, poorer teachers, etc, etc.

Maybe it's all in what you're looking for when you read the boards? Or maybe it's due to our own questions and (dare I say it) insecurities? But I spend A LOT of time on here and I haven't noticed this trend (yet?). If anything, I start to feel like an outsider sometimes because I can't seem to fit my little one into something like HOD or MFW (and some days it feels like the whole world uses HOD with little ones ;)).

And poor Wendy. I think everyone scared her off. All of us have strong feelings about our children's education and I can see how someone could have felt offended by what she said. But...c'mon...maybe it is being taken too personally? I don't know Wendy, but I thought she was just being cute and expressing her passion in deciding exactly what to teach her children. Shouldn't we give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that she probably didn't mean anything hurtful?

Sorry, I don't ever get in the middle of stuff like this, and I'm not trying to pick a side. I've just been following this thread and after a while (post after post) it started to feel like everyone was beginning to gang up on one person.

Maybe it's all in what you're looking for when you read the boards? Or maybe it's due to our own questions and (dare I say it) insecurities? But I spend A LOT of time on here and I haven't noticed this trend (yet?). If anything, I start to feel like an outsider sometimes because I can't seem to fit my little one into something like HOD or MFW (and some days it feels like the whole world uses HOD with little ones ;)).

And poor Wendy. I think everyone scared her off. All of us have strong feelings about our children's education and I can see how someone could have felt offended by what she said. But...c'mon...maybe it is being taken too personally? I don't know Wendy, but I thought she was just being cute and expressing her passion in deciding exactly what to teach her children. Shouldn't we give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that she probably didn't mean anything hurtful?

Sorry, I don't ever get in the middle of stuff like this, and I'm not trying to pick a side. I've just been following this thread and after a while (post after post) it started to feel like everyone was beginning to gang up on one person.

Wendy basically said if she was to use one of these programs she might as well send her kids to ps. Of course people will take that personal. I would never come on here and say....if you dont use HOD you should send your kids to ps. I dont think that anyone should equivocate (is that a word and did I use it rght? sounds right :lol:) a certain homeschooling program to sending your kids off to ps, that just SO doesnt make sense to people that are homeschooling.

Wendy basically said if she was to use one of these programs she might as well send her kids to ps. Of course people will take that personal. I would never come on here and say....if you dont use HOD you should send your kids to ps. I dont think that anyone should equivocate (is that a word and did I use it rght? sounds right :lol:) a certain homeschooling program to sending your kids off to ps, that just SO doesnt make sense to people that are homeschooling.

I agree; it was a poor choice of words. Maybe she was being "cute" and typed in haste. Or maybe not; I don't know her true feeling on it. I thought some people did a great job of responding to her post (the first especially), but I guess after a while this thread I was enjoying started to feel like a couple of all-girls birthday parties I remember attending in third grade (for-real parties, not joking). And I guess now I am perpetuating that. I just felt like saying, "OK, Wendy's being mean, we get it already!" :D. Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything.

I'm naking and typing one-handed so can't go through and quote all the comments, but the things I mentioned in my post were explicitly stated in this thread and in others, they weren't based on my imagination. It wasn't one person. I didn't name names, and can't even recall who said what without reading back through the thread. I am on here a lot as well, nursing or holding a sleeping baby. Your perception may be different than mine but that doesn't mean it's not there.

I am more confident in my homeschooling than ever, I have been at it for quite awhile, and was not hurt or upset by the comments. I simply felt sad for new homeschoolers especially, who may feel discouraged. And I'm tired of the mommy wars that seem to be cropping up among homeschooling moms as well.

I agree; it was a poor choice of words. Maybe she was being "cute" and typed in haste. Or maybe not; I don't know her true feeling on it. I thought some people did a great job of responding to her post (the first especially), but I guess after a while this thread I was enjoying started to feel like a couple of all-girls birthday parties I remember attending in third grade (for-real parties, not joking). And I guess now I am perpetuating that. I just felt like saying, "OK, Wendy's being mean, we get it already!" :D. Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything.

I don't even know what you're talking about- was everyone jumping on Wendy? Sincere question, I didn't see that, I thought people were responding graciously actually, but maybe I missed a few pages?

From what I've read, that should actually be pretty do-able. Little Hearts shouldn't take terribly long each day. I actually like the boxes in the guide because we tend to spread things throughout the day. For instance, we often do read alouds right before bed.

Sorry to tempt you with something new! :lol: I'm a bad influence, I know! (but I remember reading your thread on "another board" ;) when homeschooling was getting stressful and could relate to how you were feeling, and thought of HOD for you then, but wasn't sure I should mention it then :).......really long run on sentence there.)

I appreciate you pointing me towards something that you think would work for us. I really respect your opinion. ;) I began talking to my husband about taking on a new curriculum (which he will need to be on board for b/c of cost) and mentioned the 'rough patch' we went through this year. His response was "I thought you fixed that". :lol: I had to remind him that 'getting through it' and 'fixing' it are two different things.

I would never use HOD, but I would never say an HOD or MFW user is trying to fit their child into a program. Unless, of course, the user admitted to it. :D

Sorry, guess I shouldn't have used the word "fit". Don't read into it too much. I just meant that I'm starting one out with greatly varied skill levels and I am having a hard time finding where to begin in one of these "programs" (which look very appealing) without spending a lot of extra money or time in re-doing it to make it work. Still looking though.

I didn't mean to single anyone out or accuse anyone of being insecure. I agree, we should be able to discuss our many points of view on this board; I wouldn't want to stop that. (My parents used to say "we aren't fighting! we're discussing!":D). I have grown so much from reading the many "discussions" that have taken place here.

(My parents used to say "we aren't fighting! we're discussing!":D).

.. and I'm not angry or irritated - I'm just emphatic about my own differing point of view. :D

Wendy's words bothered me until she laughed at the joke I made. I can't stay bothered by someone who appreciates my sense of humor. All is forgiven here. :tongue_smilie:

I don't even know what you're talking about- was everyone jumping on Wendy? Sincere question, I didn't see that, I thought people were responding graciously actually, but maybe I missed a few pages?

Forgive me; I really shouldn't have jumped in here. No, I didn't think people were "jumping on" Wendy and I agree that the posts were gracious (for the most part from what I remember; I haven't gone back and re-read). Some of them just seemed so defensive and I didn't understand why people had to take it so personally. I think what set me off was after reading all of the responses, it seemed the thread was finally moving on and then it starts over again with a joke about it. And I realize that I'm only adding to that now.

Nicole, I didn't mean to imply that you were making things up. Please forgive my wording. I know that with such an active board we may all come on here and find our own "trends". I guess I was just truly puzzled because I often feel the opposite. I should have asked for examples or for you to explain further instead of seeming to question your ability to read the trends on this board. I just don't want to see fights between the "boxed users" and "non-boxed users" and I hate to see anything negative said one against the other. :001_smile:

Also, my apologies to the OP. I really was enjoying this thread; sorry for steering it the wrong way!

.. and I'm not angry or irritated - I'm just emphatic about my own differing point of view. :D

Wendy's words bothered me until she laughed at the joke I made. I can't stay bothered by someone who appreciates my sense of humor. All is forgiven here. :tongue_smilie:

:001_smile: Yeah, I should have just laughed at your joke too and moved on...sorry.

(ETA: OK, someone should have multi-quoted!)

:lol:

I skimmed that first line too quickly ...

I did too the first time I read it. :blink::lol:

Ha, so did I!

ROFL! I'll have to watch how I put that from now on. One would have to wonder about someone who felt the need to post they were unclothed while typing. :lol:

ROFL! I'll have to watch how I put that from now on. One would have to wonder about someone who felt the need to post they were unclothed while typing. :lol:

Or wonder what they were doing while unclothed that made it difficult to type!

ETA: Oh my, did I just type that? If you guys only knew me in real life... I really need to get off of here before I get myself into even more trouble. Time to head to the pool.

Edited by Amie

We love Sonlight.:) I didn't think I'd like having everything planned out for me b/c I am a planner & a "rebel.....":tongue_smilie:...but I've learned how to make their schedule work for me. I really enjoy having everything planned for me. I add in or take away as I feel led. We use their cores, language arts, and science.

Forgive me; I really shouldn't have jumped in here. No, I didn't think people were "jumping on" Wendy and I agree that the posts were gracious (for the most part from what I remember; I haven't gone back and re-read). Some of them just seemed so defensive and I didn't understand why people had to take it so personally. I think what set me off was after reading all of the responses, it seemed the thread was finally moving on and then it starts over again with a joke about it. And I realize that I'm only adding to that now.

Nicole, I didn't mean to imply that you were making things up. Please forgive my wording. I know that with such an active board we may all come on here and find our own "trends". I guess I was just truly puzzled because I often feel the opposite. I should have asked for examples or for you to explain further instead of seeming to question your ability to read the trends on this board. I just don't want to see fights between the "boxed users" and "non-boxed users" and I hate to see anything negative said one against the other. :001_smile:

Also, my apologies to the OP. I really was enjoying this thread; sorry for steering it the wrong way!

It's been a good reminder to me that everyone see things differently. I mean, I knew that, but it's been so interesting how you and I perceived this thread so differently, and I think we both had good intentions in our posts, with the same concern actually- the put-downs among homeschoolers. So I will remember to give posters I disagree with a lot of grace, just as I would wish they'd do for me. And as you did for me here, thanks. :001_smile:

I don't consider myself a boxed user and have nothing against non-boxed users, I just saw some generalities that bothered me. But there's definitely a good point to be made in what you said, about not taking things personally, it can save a lot of unnecessary arguments.

ETA: Oh my, did I just type that? If you guys only knew me in real life... I really need to get off of here before I get myself into even more trouble. Time to head to the pool.

:lol: I hadn't considered that. :lol:

As if you hadn't derailed the thread from it's original topic enough, troublemaker. :glare:

;):lol:

We love Sonlight.:) I didn't think I'd like having everything planned out for me b/c I am a planner & a "rebel.....":tongue_smilie:...but I've learned how to make their schedule work for me. I really enjoy having everything planned for me. I add in or take away as I feel led. We use their cores, language arts, and science.

That's what I see a lot of people saying - that there is joy in having a trusted and appreciated base from which to manipulate or build upon or even fall back on when life gets hairy. I'm pretty sure that's my camp, too.

Yes, exactly. I think Wendy was saying that the idea of letting someone else have all the planning and decision-making fun would make the whole notion of homeschooling unappealing to her. I was just pointing out that many people homeschool to give their kids what they couldn't get in ps. Some people find all-in-ones constricting, others find that they solve the problem of "reinventing the wheel."

It's funny... when I talk to other homeschoolers in real life, the first question I usually hear is "What [boxed] curriculum do you use?"

This is a great post, I had gotten SL to look thru it last year for my planning (oldest is only 4 this year) but I just didn't like it. I also looked thru FIAR and MFW, but I found WP and really like it. I will be using this for them while they're younger, and then doing a mix for later years. (Thinking of SOTW/MOH, and Noeo science, maybe mixed w/ Apolgia. Math will be Life of Fred, and TT for when they get older. But I will probably still look at the WP book lists, they seem to have some great picks.

Oh, well, just another curriculum junkie in the making :)

Well, she didn't laugh at any of my jokes. Hmmph! Oh, wait. I haven't made any.

You! The peacemaker's true colors revealed! :lol:

Sorry to the OP. I do hope that my best wishes to you at the end of my other posts redeem me for my part in derailing this!

OP, I agree with you.

Only for me, this is my fourth/fifth year homeschooling (depending on if you count the preschool one for my first that was a disaster)

Anyways, after trying for four ish years to figure it out myself and not doing very well at all, I'm going with MFW this year. My almost 6 yo daughter is going to go through a rapid pace Kindergarten (I listened to some advice last year that I shouldn't have and held her back) and my 9 and 7 yo sons are going to do MFW ECC together.

I'm not a morning person and I love that I can add or subtract things, but also, I am NOT creative at all. So it will help me let out my children's creative side.

I'm really looking forward to the start of the year for the first time in a long time.

:)

OP, I agree with you.

Only for me, this is my fourth/fifth year homeschooling (depending on if you count the preschool one for my first that was a disaster)

Anyways, after trying for four ish years to figure it out myself and not doing very well at all, I'm going with MFW this year. My almost 6 yo daughter is going to go through a rapid pace Kindergarten (I listened to some advice last year that I shouldn't have and held her back) and my 9 and 7 yo sons are going to do MFW ECC together.

I'm not a morning person and I love that I can add or subtract things, but also, I am NOT creative at all. So it will help me let out my children's creative side.

I'm really looking forward to the start of the year for the first time in a long time.

:)

I really hope to hear you having a great year with MFW! When are y'all starting?

:001_smile: Yeah, I should have just laughed at your joke too and moved on...sorry.

(ETA: OK, someone should have multi-quoted!)

No, no, no. It's far more interesting when we all get confused about who is talking to who about what. :lol: