Menu

Info about Abeka 1st Grade Health

and also the Kinder Visuals

I got a good reply about another health thread, and its made me re-interested in Abeka for Health

Does anyone have a list of whats covered for Grade 1 Health, and also anymore info on the Kinder visuals? Does the teachers guide for health give more hands on ideas/projects? As my kids aren't very workbook-y

Is there any other subjects you would recommend from Abeka for not much workbook-iness?

I can help you with what's covered in the workbook:

Unit 1- My growth and habits - growing tall and forming good habits

Unit 2- My health - covers eating, exercising, sleep, posture, taking care of my body, clothes and home

Unit 3- My safety - at home, away from home, on the street, playground, in water, in storms

Unit 4- My manners - at home, school, church and in public

I didn't use the teachers guide so I can't be of any help there. We had no problem using it on it's own. We didn't add much in the way of activities, but I did get quite a few library books to go along with the topics. All in all, I was pleased with it - enough to purchase the 2nd grade workbook for next year. :001_smile: