Menu

AP and MOTH Would it work?

I'm thinking of getting Managers of their Homes. I'm expecting #4 and I'm pretty into attachment parenting. How much of the book is their 'baby scheduling' info :ack2:? Would I get anything out of their scheduling information or is the baby scheduling a big part of it? I can be well-scheduled and still nurse on demand, right??

If I remember correctly, and it's been years since I read the book, there was some advice for those who prefer not to schedule babies. And there were a few sample schedules from other users who just had the baby "with mom" through the schedule. So yes, I think it can work fine. It certainly doesn't have a "schedule that baby or he/she'll be spoiled and terrible" tone. :)

Jami

When I read it, I didn't detect any "agendas," other than helping homeschooling moms with the goal of life organization. Maxwell doesn't read like Ezzo, if that's what you're wondering. She does give tips for baby schedules, but she's not pushy about it (at least not that I can remember). I think it would be a helpful book for you to get. As with anything, "eat the meat and spit out the bones." Take her ideas and adapt them to your own lifestyle and family.

Good luck!

When I read it, I didn't detect any "agendas," other than helping homeschooling moms with the goal of life organization. Maxwell doesn't read like Ezzo, if that's what you're wondering. She does give tips for baby schedules, but she's not pushy about it (at least not that I can remember). I think it would be a helpful book for you to get. As with anything, "eat the meat and spit out the bones." Take her ideas and adapt them to your own lifestyle and family.

Good luck!

Thanks!! That is exactly what I was wondering. If you read the reviews on Amazon, it makes it sound like she sticks babies in the closet an only lets them come out every 4 hours. I think I'm going to get it.

I'm expecting #4 and I'm pretty into attachment parenting. How much of the book is their 'baby scheduling' info ? Would I get anything out of their scheduling information or is the baby scheduling a big part of it? I can be well-scheduled and still nurse on demand, right??

I'm an AP mom who used MOTH. :):001_smile:

I ignored the parenting advice and the infant advice. I did find the emphasis on scheduling babies....a bit much. But certainly not enough to make the use of the program for homeschooling/homemaking/chores not worth using.

I'm somewhat an anomoly in the AP community (ok, a rebel) because I believe schedules/heavy routines to be necessary for most families. I just don't impose a sleep/eat schedule on my infants. ;)

The reminders to pray, the thinking about what each person should accomplish, scheduling sibling time, the visual, flexible, posted reminders keeping everyone on task was very helpful.

MOTH is a fantastic program. From what I've read regarding the forums and most of the followers, I would not "be into" the parenting advice, but that's not what I was looking for from the program anyway.