Menu

Coolest dad ever. Wave at the bus!

Now this is a parent that is living up to his potential. The potential to embarrass his teenage child in a way that will be fondly remembered for the rest of the child's life. :tongue_smilie: What a story to tell your own children, "Embarrassment, you want to talk about embarrassment, when I was 15 years old my father dressed up in weird costumes and waved at my school bus every single day."

The Dad is actually my best friend's brother-in-law. Their whole family is like that. They are really amazing people that would do anything for you, but they also have fun, quirky streak too! He figured that if he didn't do something like this now, he never would. Although, that begs the question, why did he feel the need to do it at all.

But he did and their whole family has had a good time with it.

I like the pirate! And what's awesome is that he can pull off the pegleg. (My first thought w/this is wondering if the guy is military). My best friend's DH has a robot leg too and he dresses up as a pirate for most Halloweens. Sometimes he changes it up and dresses up as a pirate's wench.

I like Ariel too.

This family seems like they'd be a hoot to be around.

I thought the same thing!

Me too. I was even starting to wonder what was up with the peg leg in ALL the costumes. :o

He looks like the kind of guy that would laugh it off. :tongue_smilie:

ETA: Coming up with that many costumes in that many days has to be some kind of record.

Now this is a parent that is living up to his potential. The potential to embarrass his teenage child in a way that will be fondly remembered for the rest of the child's life. :tongue_smilie: What a story to tell your own children, "Embarrassment, you want to talk about embarrassment, when I was 15 years old my father dressed up in weird costumes and waved at my school bus every single day."

If the son is not laughing now (and I bet he is), he and his friends will have so much laughter over this in later years. What a great story to share!

Honestly, I think he's one of the coolest dads I've ever seen.

Their whole family is like that. They are really amazing people that would do anything for you, but they also have fun, quirky streak too!

I'm really impressed with the costumes they were able to come up with, and EVERY DAY! Sounds like the friends and neighbors (and firefighters) all helped out. What fun for the whole community!

(We have an extensive costume stash ourselves; this week we're costuming the cast of a Wizard of Oz skit, much of Goldilocks, and two hip-hop dancers. But I don't think I could do one every day!)

I would think the kids on the bus would really enjoy it after realizing it was going to happen EVERY day :001_smile: Can you imagine the anticipation bus each morning about what the dad would be? What a fun dad!

Mary

I would have feigned illness to stay home before that point. :D However, I didn't have parents like that, so if you grow up around that it's probably less intimidating.

Now, *I* would do that, maybe. I did dress in my renaissance outfit for school a couple of times. Ds was mortified.

I have been wanting to order a few hats for school. Now that might be fun. ....Off to do an amazon search.

The Dad is actually my best friend's brother-in-law. Their whole family is like that. They are really amazing people that would do anything for you, but they also have fun, quirky streak too! He figured that if he didn't do something like this now, he never would. Although, that begs the question, why did he feel the need to do it at all.

But he did and their whole family has had a good time with it.

That's what I picked up from reading the Yahoo article and seeing the blog (before I knew about this thread).

I like the pirate! And what's awesome is that he can pull off the pegleg. (My first thought w/this is wondering if the guy is military). My best friend's DH has a robot leg too and he dresses up as a pirate for most Halloweens. Sometimes he changes it up and dresses up as a pirate's wench.

I like Ariel too.

This family seems like they'd be a hoot to be around.

:iagree: