Menu

Asking for prayers and positive thoughts please.

Hey folks.

I cannot really go into too much detail without breaking board rules, but am experiencing huge stress in most areas of my life right now: emotional and physical health. marriage, parenting, finances, external family, art block, etc.

I am doing my best to keep afloat, and to be true to myself, but I have to be honest and say that I am really struggling right now. I am posting here because I am feeling very alone IRL. I am okay, and don't want y'all to worry or feel pity, or that you need to give me advice: I am in counseling, and am getting proffesional advice and help for as much as I can, but much of what is wrong is not stuff I am responsible for, or can fix. I just need someone to know how hard I am trying right now. I guess a little acknowlegement helps- from wherever it comes.

I could really use prayer/positive thoughts for growing the following in my heart and therefore in my life:

Grace

patience and acceptance (not reacting to others)

personal strength (dignity?)

courage and bravery

peace and calm

joy in the moment

I have been reading Kipling's poem If over and over and over, especially the part about being able to keep your head while those around you are losing theirs and blaming it on you. It helps a little.

thanks for reading (listening). I know there are others who have things worse than I, so part of me feels bad for posting this, but another part of me has to admit that I feel better just for telling y'all that I am struggling. Doesn't make sense, but it is what it is.

Lori Beth

I have been reading Kipling's poem If over and over and over, especially the part about being able to keep your head while those around you are losing theirs and blaming it on you.

Lori Beth

That is probably one of the hardest things to deal with when life gets tough. :grouphug: for you.