Menu

have you ever had stabbing sensations in your BooK?

I did, recently. I finally decided that maybe I had deeply bruised it? I couldn't think of anything else. It didn't hurt to press and there wasn't a lump. But, it happened repeatedly over the next several days. All in the same spot. Google didn't match any symptoms up to cancer issues, so I waited and it stopped.

I did, recently. I finally decided that maybe I had deeply bruised it? I couldn't think of anything else. It didn't hurt to press and there wasn't a lump. But, it happened repeatedly over the next several days. All in the same spot. Google didn't match any symptoms up to cancer issues, so I waited and it stopped.

do you remember hitting it? I don't ever remember bumping mine in any way at all.:confused: sensations are subsiding but they truly did worry me!

do you remember hitting it? I don't ever remember bumping mine in any way at all. sensations are subsiding but they truly did worry me!

No. But I don't remember half the bruises I get. My kids will still climb on me, so it was within the realm of possibility that I got an elbow jab and didn't notice.

Mine did wake me up. And twinged during the day. I quit sleeping on my stomach, since that seemed to make it worse. But, I just didn't have any other concerning symptoms. No hot spots of infection, no Fever, no lumps, no discharge....so I waited it out and it went away.

Yes, I've just recently started having them too, sharp pains in one isolated spot, almost right against the chest wall. Happened for about a week and then stopped. Recently had the annual BooK inspection and the library is in good shape - so no worries there.

Interesting to read that it may be hormonal. Mine are downshifting and none of life is normal anymore. Witness the fact that I'm awake at 3:13 - scanning the hive, hoping to get tired enought to return to bed.

Share an answer if you get one. :bigear:

Yes but I've had those pains off and on since puberty. Denise

Me too, probably more since my 20s or early 30s.

Just for anyone's interest - unlike what some fear, pain does not necessarily mean the c word. I'm quite sure that my shooting pains are hormonal.

Just because you have a lump in your breast doesn’t mean you have cancer.

Pseudo Lump is breast tissue approaching 1 inch in diameter that has formed into a lump, such as a pocket of dead fat or scar tissue that resulted from trauma caused by surgery or injury.

Lumpiness – little bumps that are approximately one-eighth inch in diameter. Harmless and perfectly natural – and has not been linked to later development of breast cancer

Cyst – These lumps are fluid-filled sacs that are most common in women between 30 and 55

They feel squishy near the surface

Those that are more deeply embedded in breast tissue feel harder

Fibroid or Fibroadenoma is a lump ranging from half an inch to 2 ½ inches or larger.

A rare cancer occurs in about 1% of all these lumps (usually the larger ones).

This type of cancer is relatively harmless because it doesn’t spread. You’ve got plenty of time to look at all your options.

Cancer Lump – By the time a cancerous lump is large enough for you to feel, it’s usually grown about half an inch in diameter.

If a cancerous lump is much smaller, you won’t feel it. In the early stages, a lump of cancerous cells feels like normal tissue. It will not change with menstrual cycles and is rarely painful.

Unless the type of cancer you have is extremely aggressive, you still have time to get information and examine your options.

Yes but I've had those pains off and on since puberty. If this is new, I would see your doctor. It is probably nothing serious but just be sure.

Denise

Me, too. I had them most fequently in my 20s when I was working and travelling and under stress. I've had them occasioanlly since then, but not frequently or for very long. I've mentioned them in exams before but nothing has ever come up.