Menu

Taking longer than a 3mo break (switching curicula)

kmacnchs

Saxon/MEP Question:

Saxon is our main curriculum but dd was done w/Saxon 1 by Feb. So in March, we started MEP 1. She is 1/2 way through & I am wondering if I should switch back to Saxon for 2 reasons: '

1.b/c I am thinking 3mo is long enough of a break for core curriculum &

2.b/c I am thinking MEP is hard enough, doing the 2nd 1/2 of Year 1 would probably still be a challenge after she completed Saxon 2.

What say the hive?

tia!

Edited by kmacnchs

I can't really answer your question, but I like your idea of doing MEP after completing Saxon early. We will also finish early (in the next year) and I've wondered about adding some MEP to stretch it out longer. We did Reception Year before doing Saxon K, and I like the critical thinking aspect of MEP (not to mention the fact that it is free!).

Hopefully someone else has some helpful input! Angela

Well, we have 1 week left before we are finished w/the 1st 1/2 of MEP 1 & she took a test today...all but 1 problem right!

MEP is great b/c it STRETCHES her brain but with all that stretching, she doesn't look forward to math as much as she used to. I am thinking maybe 1/2 of Saxon 2, finish MEP1, finish Saxon 2...hmmm... too much skipping? or just enough switching it up to keep her brain active & engaged???