Menu

Hello. My name is MFS. May I enter the virtual living room?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember you as the woman who also color coded her M&Ms. I loved your blog and your voice. Didn't your hubby start posting here awhile back? I seem to remember something about his siggy that lead me to your blog. I am glad to see you back and hope that you visit and contribute frequently. I am terribly sorry about the loss of your son. :grouphug:

I'm not here much these days, but I popped in because rumor had it you were here and I didn't want to miss it!! :-)

I don't know if you know that we adopted twin baby boys this past year through the foster system, so as Annsley enters high school (at home)and Seth enters jr. high (also home)we'll get to start the journey all over again!

I can't tell you how often I think of you and the grief you have experienced this past year. My thoughts and prayers are still with you and your family. I, too, cried when I read the news and the AMAZING tributes that were written about him. What an honor to read page after page about what an amazing person he was!!

Great to "see" you here but, I'll probably see you more on Facebook. :-)

Edited by WTMindy

I was just looking at your blog, seeing the pictures of your sweet young women, and then looking for something that told about him, the dear *man* he must be growing up to be. And then I came to Apr 27, and now I'm sitting here crying for the the loss of the one who thought he was all that after several years lifeguarding, and who really *was* all that, after all you poured into him, and all the ways you chose to parent differently, and all the ways he chose to be a good (and funny!) man. Oh MFS, how can it be that someone I hardly know (well, really don't know...) can have such a grip on my heart, through your words that reflected who he was/is.

What a loss.

And what courage you have, knowing that coming here would bring this up. Sending you a gentle hug and my best wishes.

Did he ever tell his second semester college class that he was homeschooled?

Of to go find a box of kleenex, darn it....

This is me right now, too. Life is not fair.

Oh MFS! I was cleaning out an old box of school records and I came across your son's review of Branagh's Henry V, which you posted in July of 2003.

Sword fights! Betrayal! Galloping steeds! Boastful Frenchmen! Brave Soldiers! Some goofy humor! There's even a princess.

"This story shall the good man teach his son."

I also found "Would he were fatter!"....I am glad that I kept these.

Liza

I welcomed you in another thread, but this occassion is worthy of another wave.

You've known me as Joanne-from-somewhere and The Happy Homeschooler.

I'm so sorry about your son's death. :grouphug:

My life has changed so dramatically that a PM would be a better place.

Reading? Well, I don't have classes right now for my graduate school (months away from finishing). I *should* be reading for the English classes I'll be teaching starting August (I teach at a private school now).

Instead, I'm reading about 6 different books on spirituality and a couple on tournament poker. :tongue_smilie: ;)

My kids are now 16, 14, and 12. I'm getting old.

I'm late to the welcome-back party, but wanted to also say hello and offer my condolences. You have been in my thoughts often these past few months. I'm more of a listener than a poster on these boards (which is just so weird, btw, because IRL you cannot shut me up most days), but I remember your posts from way back when, and I always loved the unique point of view you brought to these boards.

I'm reading Around the World in 80 Days right now. My 8yo just finished up a (wildly adapted) performance of it with her theater troupe.

Good to see you again.