Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Patty Joanna

Hideeho! Those of you who like old format, check here:

You can go to the menu bar and change forum view so that it largely mimics the "old" style. It's not completely seamless as change goes, but it is incremental, and it gives you the "quick-look" that we have come to know and love/hate on the old boards.

My son and my dh are arguing over who gets to make my avatar. So I will either end up with an icon of St Joanna or looking like a Lego. I'm staying out of it.

My son and my dh are arguing over who gets to make my avatar. So I will either end up with an icon of St Joanna or looking like a Lego. I'm staying out of it.

LOL! I think I'm rooting for BoyBob!

You can go to the menu bar and change forum view so that it largely mimics the "old" style. QUOTE]

God bless you, Patty! :) I'm sure I'll be fine soon. Really.

Can't wait to see the avatar. Perhaps a lego St. J? :-)

Except that I have 10 characters worth of something to put in the body, I can't get a post to post. What do we do with those times when a one line (aka subject line) response is all we have?!

Thanks - that helps somewhat. I wonder how long it will take me to figure this out so I can ask a question and then find the answers to my post??? LOL

On the top of my screen, to the right it says "Display Mode". I chose the "Thread" View. There is "Linear" and "Hybrid" available. No clue what it all means.

This is it, Liz. Good job. I think you have to open a message to find the Display Mode option--it is not on the "Forums Home" page.

Yikes! I didn't give very good info--I'm glad you figured it out!

On the top of my screen, to the right it says "Display Mode". I chose the "Thread" View. There is "Linear" and "Hybrid" available. No clue what it all means.

which one do you choose to have it more like the old board? Linear, Hybrid, ect.? I am on Hybrid right now, but I don't like how it is displaying the most recent post first. I want it to post the "threads" in the order they were started, like the old board. Is this possible, how do I do that?

Anyone know?

Thanks for your help as this "not so good at computers" person tries to figure this out!

Do you see a split screen in "Hybrid" or "Thread" Format? The top of my screen has the "thread" look and the bottom has whatever post I clicked on.

which one do you choose to have it more like the old board? Linear, Hybrid, ect.? I am on Hybrid right now, but I don't like how it is displaying the most recent post first. I want it to post the "threads" in the order they were started, like the old board. Is this possible, how do I do that?

Anyone know?

Thanks for your help as this "not so good at computers" person tries to figure this out!

Here's the answer:

Go to your usercp

Then, go to "Edit Options"

After that, go to "Thread Display Options"

Finally, choose the way you want messages displayed

HTH!

One day, I may be able to find my posts and reply. While I was wandering around the forum, lost and in tears, I happened upon a page where you can put your name in and find all your posts - now I don't remember how I got there. LOL

I am just not seeing anywhere on the menu bar where I can change the forum view. HELP! Breathing deep and hoping to feel as comfortable here as I did on the old boards SOON!

But, Rachel, when I try to leave the subject line blank I get the message "subject line is empty" or the like and I can't post 'til I put something in the subject line.:confused: Unless I'm doing something wrong, I find that we have to have something in the subject line *and* at least 10 characters in the body....(Hey, I'm trying out the edit feature!) If Rachel's able to get away with "rarely putting anything in the title line" then I think I'll try again...(WOW! That edit feature is COOL!); OK, Rachel, you've got to tell me your secret!! I've tried numerous times now to get away without putting anything in the subject line and get nowhere.....

What do you click on to change the forum view. I just discovered that you can change the display mode for the threads, but I can't find anything on the menu bar to change the way you view the forum. Exactly what should I click on?

Robin