Menu

Ordering from Winter Promise?

Has any one ever ordered directly from Winter Promise? Is it normal for them to take so long to ship? I placed an order on 5/23 and it still hasn't shipped!

I've never had to wait so long ordering directly from the publisher before.

Has any one ever ordered directly from Winter Promise? Is it normal for them to take so long to ship? I placed an order on 5/23 and it still hasn't shipped!

I've never had to wait so long ordering directly from the publisher before.

There have been a lot of complaints about their shipping. Did you order an entire package from them, or did you just order WP-exclusive stuff?

I ordered two items that were exclusive WP items. I just called him and he told me that it generally takes about 7 days after they process the payment for the order before they ship it. Wow. Wish I had known that before and I would've just bought it used.

I asked him to just cancel the order then and he called back to tell me that it went out this morning so he couldn't cancel. :glare:

I ordered two items that were exclusive WP items. I just called him and he told me that it generally takes about 7 days after they process the payment for the order before they ship it. Wow. Wish I had known that before and I would've just bought it used.

I asked him to just cancel the order then and he called back to tell me that it went out this morning so he couldn't cancel. :glare:

That was exactly the experience I had. I didn't have too much problem with it, but I definitely wasn't too thrilled to then pay $10 shipping for a thin make-your-own history journal that cost them $3 to ship (it was on the package) :glare: But be glad that you didn't order a package. People have waited months for all the items to arrive from the packages they ordered, only to try to return everything they already had to purchase some other (complete) program and be told they couldn't because they were outside the return window.

I love WP's stuff, but their organizational skills and CS leave a lot to be desired, in my own experience and based on what I've heard from others. It's a shame.

Well, if you think about it, they did ship it 7 working days after you ordered it (Monday being a holiday). I don't think that's all that unreasonable for a small company. They do tend to take forever to get stuff if you order a full package (I know this from experience), but I wouldn't be too upset over 7 working days.

Well, if you think about it, they did ship it 7 working days after you ordered it (Monday being a holiday). I don't think that's all that unreasonable for a small company. They do tend to take forever to get stuff if you order a full package (I know this from experience), but I wouldn't be too upset over 7 working days.

LOL! Actually, I received the ship notice after I called to complain. He told me it would be a few more days until it shipped, so I asked to cancel, then got a ship notice.

One would think they would post that it takes that long to ship on their site, not after you order.

You'd be hard pressed to find it used.

How did you chose to pay? I placed an order via internet and paid via paypal/cc and because I didn't get a confirmation email I called them the following day about that. They told me it went through fine all though the status in my account via their website didn't change.

That said my timeline showed up a few days later. Literally, and then all but two items were shipped within a weeks time or less and the rest was shipped the following week. :D

I will admit I made contact two times with them. One intentionally as mentioned above. One about a broken link on their website and that's when I was informed that the rest of my stuff was shipping/ed. So, if you have delays I'd simply give them a ring and ask what's up.

I only ordered exclusives from them too mostly because I didn't want to pay shipping to Australia for it. I bought the needed books elsewhere so I didn't need to pay shipping charges. :D

It has been severel years since I ordered from them, but had a terrible experience.

I called and spoke with someone asking if I could know what books were used the first half of the year. I was told it was impossible to determine that, but if I was planning to order from them they would express ship the TM to me. WoW! I was impressed when I received the TM four days later--no extra charge.

I opened the TM and one of the first pages listed the order the books were used. :001_huh:

I ordered the books. and I got the books spread out over the next four months! One of the books I never received. I ordered four copies of the same workbook and after calling them three times to let them know I had ordered four copies and not one copy I gave up. I really don't know how they made money on most of the books, because they came straight from Amazon--one at a time.

• 1 month later...
Guest IdahoMtnMom

I asked prior to ordering what the lag time was and if there were any backorders on my package. Don said no and I should expect most books in 3 weeks and the rest in 4. I am not sure I trust that after reading a lot of bad posts on shopping :-(

I agree with what others have said. The rule is to call, not e-mail. And to only order the exclusives. This will make your experience much smoother in the future.

I don't always like their policies, or their shipping, or even the choppiness of their product, but I still can't resist. I really love the mix of great literature, hands-on activities, DVD suggestions, website suggestions, notebooking and all that is included in a WinterPromise program. I still have not found anything I like better. *sigh*

I love WP!! LOVE THEM. Shipping was annoying but I felt worth it until now...They have changed all their shippping prices and even charge when you do order the whole theme so I won't buy from them now.

I am really frustrated with their new shipping policy. Not to mention a few other policies (don't get me started!). But I have to say, you LOVE WinterPromise, but you will stop ordering from them over the additional $10? :confused: Don't get me wrong, you have the right to feel this way, it just kind of surprised me for you to say you love them, but this made you change your mind.

I am really frustrated with their new shipping policy. Not to mention a few other policies (don't get me started!). But I have to say, you LOVE WinterPromise, but you will stop ordering from them over the additional $10? :confused: Don't get me wrong, you have the right to feel this way, it just kind of surprised me for you to say you love them, but this made you change your mind.

I don't like being nickel and dimed I have a big issue with it. I own 5 programs all bought from them complete I didn't go elsewhere to save money I oredered from them. This was the first year I didn't need a whole program I just wanted a few things and the cost of shipping was crazy for what results in a pack of paper, a pack of paper that ordered for each kid was almost 200 then the shipping price? No. I was not paying that kind of shipping and is a percentage of your total now. Those packs of paper were gonna be like 20 bucks or something like that, No way.

When my kids were little I adored Lakeshore. From college I had bought stuff from them. They changed the whole percentage of your total too, nope stopped buying from them. I have no issue paying shipping but not when you recieve the package and it cost less than half of what you paid to actually ship it.

I don't like being nickel and dimed I have a big issue with it. I own 5 programs all bought from them complete I didn't go elsewhere to save money I oredered from them. This was the first year I didn't need a whole program I just wanted a few things and the cost of shipping was crazy for what results in a pack of paper, a pack of paper that ordered for each kid was almost 200 then the shipping price? No. I was not paying that kind of shipping and is a percentage of your total now. Those packs of paper were gonna be like 20 bucks or something like that, No way.

When my kids were little I adored Lakeshore. From college I had bought stuff from them. They changed the whole percentage of your total too, nope stopped buying from them. I have no issue paying shipping but not when you recieve the package and it cost less than half of what you paid to actually ship it.

I get it. Like I said, I have a problem with a couple of their policies. It's like a Grrrr.....under my breath. It always seems like in their, dare I say it, seeming greed they shoot themselves in the foot.

I still love their stuff. But it's with a grimace at times!!! :tongue_smilie:

I get it. Like I said, I have a problem with a couple of their policies. It's like a Grrrr.....under my breath. It always seems like in their, dare I say it, seeming greed they shoot themselves in the foot.

I still love their stuff. But it's with a grimace at times!!! :tongue_smilie:

I hear you! I feel the same way

Haha, you'd never survive living overseas! Most people ALWAYS charge us a percentage when we order. It's IRRITATING. Some charge a lesser percentage, but then companies like Timberdoodle and Rainbow Resource charge the highest percentage I've ever encountered. I'm refuse to buy from those two companies! ;)

I had a terrible experience with shipping from Winterpromise as well. It has been a while but it was enough I have never ordered from them again. First it took forever to ship. THen, when it arrived, the books were so jammed and crammed into a box that was too small (and with no cushion of any sort, that the box had burst in shipment. Books were damaged and I when I called they acted as if I was some kind of spoiled brat. Later I wanted to order more exclusive items and they could never seem to keep my order. They lost it more than once. I took it as a sign and stopped ordering from them.

Honestly I think that when you order the whole package most books are backordered. It takes forever because I don't think they keep most of the books in personal stock. It is as if they wait until they have an order to order what they need to fill the boxes. But of course that isn't what they say...

I have never consistently heard good things about them. For every one good story about shipping, there is 5 more bad stories.

I truly, truly think that 1. They do not have most items in stock, and actually order them once you order from WP, and 2. They use Person B's order $$$ to purchase Person A's items, to be able to ship them out.

Of course, this just my personal theory, having spend much of the spring of 2009 compiling a WP program used, and reading story after story, after story about their horrible shipping and CS.

I ordered from them earlier this year. Overall I had a pretty good experience. I ordered exclusives and one book that was hard to find. The exclusives came soon. I can't remember how soon, but it seems like it was less than a week. I had to wait 2-3 weeks for the other book. The only thing that bugged me a little bit was they really didn't address the missing book at all on my order. Then, one day out of the blue it came. I ordered it for this coming school year so it wasn't a problem.

A few years back, I ordered a whole set from them and also had a good experience. Several of the books were damaged. I called and talked to them about it. The gave me a credit and let me keep the books! They were very nice.

I know a lot of people have had bad experiences with them, but I have not.

Suzanne

• 2 months later...
Guest Tamara in Tieton

I sure wish I'd read this, and similar, threads before ordering from Winter Promise. I placed an order Aug. 15th, have received about 1/3 of it, have no idea when the rest might arrive so that we can begin history this year. Sounds like I might be in for a long haul.:001_huh:

Tamara

Tamra, :grouphug:.

After having experienced something similiar (I waited for MONTHS and still didn't get all my books), I would recommend that you call them first thing tomorrow morning, cancel the rest of what didn't arrive, get a credit card refund, and order the books from elsewhere. I assume you got the exclusives...so you will have a booklist in the TM so you can order the other books from another source. Or, just ship back what you did get and demand a refund. Then order something else from a different company.

BTW, hound them about a refund. It took me a month to get my refund. All in all, between ordering and the refund, it took me six months of emails and phone calls to finally get everything straightened out. Never again.

• 6 months later...

I also had a bad experience. I ordered a program that was new, and they did not send some of the essential parts for months. The program did not work well in pieces. They did not communicate well either. That was a deal breaker for me. I won't use that company again.