Menu

Story Time Treasures (Memoria Press)

pinkcastle

We used it for my 1st grade boy and like it well enough. I find the handwriting stuff excessive for this grade level. But maybe I'm just too soft?

My son enjoys the "fun things" (his words) which are generally the last part of each lesson. This is a big thing coming from this boy who only seems to grunt approvals of anything not DIRECTLY related to something he wants to do at the moment.

Just so you know where I'm coming from: I'm someone who is very good at making elaborate plans but rarely as good implementing said plans. I have learned I do best with planned curriculums and then tweak from there.

Did you take a look at the sample page on MP's website?

We used it for my 1st grade boy and like it well enough. I find the handwriting stuff excessive for this grade level. But maybe I'm just too soft?

I was wondering about this as well. I have the MP 1 lesson plans, but along with everything else they have scheduled, I think the Storytime Treasures would be way too much writing. I love the idea, but I can't see how I could modify down the amount of writing. Any ideas?

My son enjoys the "fun things" (his words) which are generally the last part of each lesson. This is a big thing coming from this boy who only seems to grunt approvals of anything not DIRECTLY related to something he wants to do at the moment.

Just so you know where I'm coming from: I'm someone who is very good at making elaborate plans but rarely as good implementing said plans. I have learned I do best with planned curriculums and then tweak from there.

Did you take a look at the sample page on MP's website?

Thanks for your input. :001_smile:

I've seen the sample lesson (Little Bear) and the only feedback I heard from our daughter was...copywork, again! :D

But she tried answering it and she had fun.:001_smile: