Menu

A grim reminder, creating awareness out of loss

I've been watching footage from Joplin this week with a heavy heart. I find myself crying as I read the stories of people identifying their loved ones. I'm heartbroken over the people still missing. I pray none of us ever need to use it, but I read about post about identification and wanted to share.

Please make sure you have a written log and pictures of identifying marks of your loved ones. In a time of crisis one may not think clearly and remember the mole on someone's finger or the scar on their knee. These could help if necessary. Remember to not only do this for your children, but yourself as well. A photo may be good, but not the most helpful tool in identification.

Please take the time to write this information down. I plan to make individual index cards, store the photos on an old SD card and put it all in a baggie in our safe. It would also be a good idea to give the information to a relative.