Menu

I need to buy a bunch of readers-is Amazon the best way?

I am looking at using the Epi Kardia kindergarten curriculum in the Fall, and I need to buy a bunch of readers. I am looking at buying them on Amazon, but their book shipping seems high. Is there a better way? Epi Kardia doesn't sell a 'complete' package, so I need to buy the books singly. I am thinking of purchasing one unit at a time unless it's cheaper to buy them all at once.

I do plan to use my library some, but they have less than 1/2 of the titles recommended.

Thanks!

Karen

I'd consider springing for Amazon prime so that you'll get free shipping, then just ordering the books incrementally as needed throughout the year. I figure that the fee for prime is well worth it since Amazon's prices are better than any brick and mortar store plus it saves me the gas money driving around to different stores.

It might be less expensive to purchase at Amazon and order more than $25 for the free shipping. Many of their books are on the *4 for 3* special, too. If you're purchasing used on Amazon, *most* of the time you pay $3.99/book for shipping.

A great way to find used books is to search fetchbook.info.

I usually check half.com - most of the books I buy for school are from there, although the shipping charges are often higher than the cost of the book ($0.75 book and $3.49 shipping :tongue_smilie:). Although the shipping charges go down when you buy more than one book from a particular seller.

bumping this for the evening crowd and to ask another ?

Does amazon prime work for the .01 one cent books, or only certain books?

Figuring out how to be frugal is not easy:)

Amazon Prime or the standard free shipping with $25 purchase does not apply to all products including almost all used books (very occasionally, you'll find a used book included) because most used books are not shipped directly from Amazon, but instead by 3rd party sellers.

Shipping for most used books is $3.99 per book.