Menu

If you used R+S English and then went on to AG...

did you feel AG went into more depth, or was it more like a review of what they'd already learned in R+S?

Dd11 finished R+S 5 this yr; thinking of doing all (or most) of AG in 6th next yr.

(If I don't choose CW, but that's in another post-lol! I'd rather just do AG, if it is rigorous enough.)

did you feel AG went into more depth, or was it more like a review of what they'd already learned in R+S?

Dd11 finished R+S 5 this yr; thinking of doing all (or most) of AG in 6th next yr.

(If I don't choose CW, but that's in another post-lol! I'd rather just do AG, if it is rigorous enough.)

:bigear: The whole concept of delayed grammar worked great for my oldest. He is an Aspie and just was not ready for the abstract concepts of grammar at all. We have completed JAG this year in 4th grade and it's been wonderful. I have already ordered their new Mechanics book and AG to follow up.

BUT now ds#2 is coming along. He is a very different learner than his older brother. I have been thinking of starting him with R&S and switch to JAG/AG. I have wondered if it would be overkill to do that though. The whole beauty of JAG/AG is that you are not supposed to have to do grammar for years and years. Hmmm...

All that to say, I am interested to hear what others have to say!

• 2 months later...

Hmmm, well AG doesn't got into the detail that R&S does. Like the types of pronouns. They are listed by time in AG, but AG doesn't focus on the child learning the type. That said CW does, so you still catch the details.

Heather