Menu

I have an odd question...

for this board. But I am hoping someone can enlighten me without making me feel like I've been living under a rock.

OK. Here goes.

If someone asks you to 'get them a bag', is it referring only to the one illegal substance that may have medicinal purposes? Or could it be others?

Yes, I'm showing my complete ignorance regarding this stuff (I really do need to watch more t.v. b/c I am sure if I did, I would know the answer.) Ignorance which I am normally happy to have but now that my kids are growing older, wishing I didn't have. And no, this is not in regards to my children but an adult 'friend' whom has done a complete 180 in their treatment of us and which we are trying to understand. (And the question was most definitely in regards to dr*gs.)

Thanks.

Amy

"Hey, (insert individual's name). Can you get me a bag?"

My dh answered the phone and was mistaken for the other guy. Once it was realized that he wasn't, the phone call ended....quickly. We have no other explanation for what has happened (behavior towards us) changing so dramatically and I'm just trying to understand it all.

Amy

"bag" no longer refers to the ref... uhh, MJ... It can be the Coke-a-cola stuff, or other things. Most likely, hir is referring to MJ, but it could be the coka too, it also comes in dimes/nickels.

Are you just asking for validation that he was referring to the MJ or what? "Bag" does refer to many types of drugs now.

Huh? I thought "get me a bag" meant...Go into the garage and grab me a plastic bag. Mostly likely needed for the garbage can. LOL. :confused:

Sorry Daisy--it means something totally different.

And Amy, chances are it is NOT MJ. It is most likely coke... I'm just going to come right out and say it, not mince words--marijuana is not the bad drug made out to be. It isn't the gateway either. If it were legal, I'd be doing it and I'd be healthier for it too. I wouldn't have the need for the sleeping pills I need to take to fall asleep every night.

Likely, he's strung out on something other than marijuana and he was jonesing, dialed the wrong number and spoke before he thought about who he was calling. If this is the first time it has happened, I honestly wouldn't be too freaked out about it.

BUT, if he keeps calling, I'd more than likely intervene somehow--cops, family, someone. It sure doesn't sound like a marijuana thing, but something far worse.